Canal Winchester Local School District Preschool Program
Welcome Back To School!!!
Important Back to School Information
Back to School Forms
- Please note the parent drop-off and pick-up times for both the AM and PM session
- Send students prepared with their backpack, daily snack and drink, and folder for communication
- All parking lot procedures must be followed and all preschool vehicles must have their pink paper
- District Calendar - Preschool is NOT in session on Fridays
Pick-up and Drop-off Times
All student doors close AT 8:55 AM for the AM session and 12:40 PM for the PM session.
If you are late, you must take your preschool student to the center doors, ring the bell and let the office know you are dropping your student off for their session time. You will need to know your child's teacher's name so they can assist in signing your preschooler in for the day.
Parking Lot Procedures
- All preschool vehicles NEED to park in the designated preschool parking area and MUST have their pink sheet in the front window
- When entering the parking lot do not get in the school-age drop-off lane. Please drive SLOWLY by the line (on the inside of the curve) and park your vehicle along the curb/preschool parking area.
- If the curb line is full and you park in a parking spot, you must wait to walk in the crosswalk area. The same goes for when returning to your parked vehicle.
2022-2023 Preschool Handbook
It is important to read through the document! Everything you need to know about preschool is listed in this handbook, including information on preschool sessions such as when the district calls for a 2-hour delay, ALL preschool sessions will be CANCELLED for that school day!
Preschool Staff Member of the Month...
Ms. Britney also enjoys spending time with her family. She is engaged to her fiance', Zach, and has two children, Bella (9) and Keyton (6). Their family has many animals including horses, cats, dogs, and chickens. One of Ms. Britney's favorite activities is riding horses and spending time outdoors with her family.
We have had the privilege of working with Ms. Britney for the past 5 years. If she could give preschool parents advice, she recommends for families "to enjoy the little moments and allow your child to explore their world and learn, it's a beautiful thing."
Family engagement continues to be an important part of preschool in order to foster and develop relationships between home and school. Information can be found on our preschool website at https://www.cwschools.org/PreschoolInformation.aspx . Additionally, parents continue to have access to monthly information which is shared through the school district’s email blast.
2022-2023 Professional Development Opportunities:
Professional Development Trainings include:
- Step Up To Quality required training
Trainings are scheduled throughout the school year and are designed to help build our understanding of child development and early education in order to provide rich, meaningful educational experiences for all children and families.