Sadler Means YWLA
Week of 2/15-2/20
6th Grade: Legacy of Giving Assembly
It is time for our Spring Assembly with A Legacy of Giving. On Thursday, Feb 18th the Legacy team will be visiting our school. The assembly is scheduled from 8-:845. Please have your 6th grade M&Ms go to class to take attendance and then promptly proceed to the gym for the presentation. This assembly may run a few mins over into 1st period but we will try to avoid as much interference as possible.
It would be wonderful if during M&M on Wednesday Feb 17th you remind our girls how awesome they have been as philanthropists this year! Whether they are a part of the after school club or not they have participated in the Food Drive, Coat Drive, Donating Clothes to Lifeworks, and Giving Cards and Donations to Dell Children's Hospital. Our students have gone above and beyond this year. Every goal we set gets surpassed. Please remind them of this! Celebrate their generosity!
If you have any questions regarding the upcoming assembly please email Ms. Wartel.
Purple Stars-Accepting Nominations for February 2016
The Purple Star initiative is now in full effect! Be on the lookout for those students who are going above and beyond! Begin sending nominations of students you find “caught being good” or are going above and beyond to CIS Caseworker Kiki Lewis. Nomination forms have been placed in your boxes; extra forms can also be found in the teacher work room and teachers’ lounge. Paper nominations can be submitted to the CIS mailbox. You may also submit nominations electronically to Ms. Kiki at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include name, grade, and reason for nomination in email).
Note that this is an initiative to recognize students for their great behavior but can also be for those students who have shown great improvements in other areas as well. We look forward to recognizing our first group of students at the end of February so get those nominations in!"
MOY II Testing 2/16-2/17/2016
MOY testing is coming up on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please make sure that you bring a book to read for when testing is over. If you need a library book, check one out today!
TELPAS Writing Collection Assignment
ELA Sample 2- Tuesday 2/23
Social Studies- 2/26
DUE February 15- Three TELPAS writing prompts and corresponding thinking maps appropriate for your content and grade. Submit via email or hard copy to Ms. Clark.
M&M Activities 2/8-2/19
Our focus the next two weeks will be on Black History Month and the Civil Rights Movement!
1. Watch BrainPop "Civil Rights" Video (5 minute video)
(log onto AISD cloud, search "Brain Pop", search "civil rights")
2. Students will complete Graphic Organizer from information in video (will be in workroom mailbox Tuesday AM)
You may award Dojo points upon completion
*For teachers who have not used BrainPop, this is a good time to explore the post video quizzes and activities available!
3. Please take some time to have a group discussion on the topic and to compare information from graphic organizers
*A vocabulary list will be included in packet to help guide discussion
3. Create an informative poster depicting either an important event or person involved in the Civil Rights movement
*Use vocabulary list to help brainstorm ideas for poster!
*Please include an inspirational or historical quote
*Use visuals, graphics, and bright colors
*Poster board will be available in Teacher Workroom
DUE DATE: All completed posters are due by Friday the 19th, they will be on display for special assembly on Monday the 22nd
Please note, you will have two weeks to complete these activities. Please plan ahead and allow your advisory enough time to complete the lesson and create a beautiful and inspirational poster we can all be proud of!
- PD Day
- ELA: TELPAS Training
- DUE-Three TELPAS writing prompts and corresponding thinking maps appropriate for your content and grade. Submit via email or hard copy to Ms. Clark.
- Math: Post-Test
- ALL: Community Walk
- MOY II: 8th Science
- Faculty Meeting (4-5PM)
- DANCE: Ballet
- MOY II: 8th Social Studies
- 6th Grade: Legacy of Giving Assembly
- ORCHESTRA: Pre-UIL Competition
- PTA: FREE Family Movie Night (Jurassic World 5-7PM)
- Attendance Award: Jeans Day (Grade Level)
- CFES Mentor Groups
- Community Meeting (8-10AM)- Join us for a Mueller Neighborhood Planning Meeting. The discussion will be about the development of a school in the Mueller Neighborhood.