Veterans Day Programs at PVE
November 12, 2018
Honoring Veterans at Pleasant View
Pleasant View Elementary will be honoring our community's veterans will two school convocations on Monday, November 12, 2018.
1st Program 10:15 - 10:45 in the upper gym, followed by a reception for veterans and their families from 11:00 - 11:30 in the LGI room.
- All universal pre-school classes
- Kdg - Hassen, Hilton, Boudreau
- 1st - Daugherty, Frye, Knapik
- 2nd - Pullen, Dawson, Martinelli
- 3rd - Schmaltz, Czerwionka, Niemeier
- 4th - Carney, Compton Gay
2nd Program 1:15-1:45 in the upper gym, a reception for veterans and their families will be held prior to this program from 12:30-1:00 pm in the LGI room.
- DP Pre-school class
- Kdg - Lents, Fischer, Diemer, McCune
- 1st - Hall, Wagner, Wyatt, Reber
- 2nd - Parks, Weesies, Smith, Owens
- 3rd - Ruoff, Branchick, Stillions, Williams
- 4th - Mybeck, Hamlow, Mikesell
Students should plan to wear these colors:
- RED - PreK, Kdg, and 2nd Grade
- WHITE - 1st Grade
- BLUE - 3rd and 4th Grades
Planning on Attending? Please See Details Below
This year, we are asking all guests to pre-register for this event. Please use the following guide to pre-register yourself or a family member for attending one of Pleasant View Elementary’s Veterans Day programs. The programs will be held on Monday, November 12th. The direct link to the SafeVisitor site is noted below.
You will need to enter the following information after selecting “Next Step”:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Birth Date
- Building – Please select “Pleasant View Elementary” from the drop down menu.
- Select “Next Step”.
On the next screen, you will need to enter the following:
- Person Visiting – Please note “PVE”.
- Reason for Visit – Please note “Veteran’s Day”.
- Date of Visit – You must enter “11/12/2018”. (If you enter today’s date, the registration will NOT show up on the correct date.)
- Select “Next Step”.
- Select “Complete Request”
Also, just as a friendly reminder, although we hope this process captures all pre-registrations, sometimes there are glitches and we would like to remind everyone to please bring their driver’s license (just in case).
Here is the direct link to pre-register using our SafeVisitor Solutions system: https://secure.safevisitorsolutions.com/Safe/Visitor/zionsvilleschools
If you encounter any problems, please call the PVE office at 317-873-2376 and we will be happy to assist you.
Parking and Door Entrances
Student Ambassadors Veterans Day Project
This year, in lieu of collecting donations for Indy Honor Flight, our students created a different service project that will impact the children of active military men and women. Please see the information below on how you can support this new project!
We are the Student Ambassadors from Pleasant View Elementary. We are doing a service project making Busy Bags for kids that have parents active in the military. We are trying to entertain kids when they are moving, maybe going on long car rides, or to take their mind off their parents who are deployed.
We are collecting new or gently used toys, books, puzzles, or craft items that could fit in a paper lunch bag.
Collection bins will be placed around Pleasant View from October 29 - November 16.
You can bring items in when you visit our Veteran's Day Program on November 12, or send them in with your student any time.
If you'd like to honor a Veteran with your donation, please write their name and branch of the military on a piece of paper and turn it in with your donation.
Thank you for your support!
PVE Student Ambassadors & Mrs. Hamlow