News from the Creek
Hippo Nation...Better Together! January 2021
A Note from your CCE Principal
Dear CCES Families--
Happy New! The year 2020 was definitely a year for the history books and many are glad to leave the year behind because of the many challenges that the year brought to our families, our community, our state, and our nation. Check out the responses our staff gave when they were asked about what they were happy to leave behind in 2020 and what they look forward to in 2021! As we look forward to the promising year to come, CCE continues to keep our eyes focused on our campus theme of T.E.A.M. Together Everyone Achieves More! We know that we are ALWAYS #BetterTogether no matter what still lies ahead this school year!
Our AMAZING staff has prepared this week to receive our students both virtually and in-person and we are EXCITED to see our students again! We have missed our daily conversations and learning with our students and families; we are blessed to be part of our student's lives! Thank you for ensuring that students are ready to learn each and every day! Each day that students attend school virtually or in-person is a WIN for student learning, academic progress, and overall success!
Cottonwood Creek Elementary has the BEST Staff, Students, and Families! We truly are "Better Together"! Our students are "Legendary" at Cottonwood Creek Elementary!
With Hippo Nation in Mind,
Principal, Cottonwood Creek Elementary
When our staff was asked....
Yes...2020 was unprecedented, but 2021 is here!
Speaking of our campus theme: T.E.A.M.
Our PTA held a campus t-shirt design contest for students...
For our school t-shirt design...from 4th Grade, Ms. Savoy's homeroom..... Raylyn M.!! Raylyn your design was amazing and blew us away!
Our Campus Yearbook Student Design Contest....
Our yearbook design has TWO winners! Two designs! From 5th Grade....virtual student..... Kianna D! We LOVED your design and how clearly you showed the T.E.A.M theme!
We also chose.... from 4th grade.... Ms. Muma's homeroom....Yasmin A.! Yasmin we loved your use of color and how each part of the drawing was connected!
We can't wait to see both of your designs in print!
How are we doing with our Campus Improvement Plan ?
A Campus Improvement Plan (CIP) is the "map" that our campus uses to guide all of the decisions that we take at our campus to support continuous improvement. Our CIP committee is composed of a variety of teacher representatives, community business members, and parent representatives.
Check out the progress that is being made! Thank you to all of our members for their input and for representing our campus!
Student Sreeners and Assessments are Happening this Month:
Cottonwood Creek Elementary uses student data to inform our instruction. This is crucial data for teachers as they use the data to understand where student strengths occur and which areas students may need support to close academic gaps in learning.
PK students will be participating in ReadySetGoKinder! assessments for the middle of the year (MOY) to evaluate progress readiness for kindergarten. Students in grades K-2 will be participating in MOY Screeners using our TPRI/TEJASLee reading screeners beginning the week of January 11th. Students in Grades 3-5 will take interim assessments such as Reading, Math, Writing, and Science.
Please reach out to your student's teacher if you have questions about the screeners and assessments or the results.
What's happening at The Creek?
1/4 & 1/5: Student Holiday/Staff Development Days
1/5: Winter Break Ends/Students return to classes; Beginning of the 3rd 9 Weeks Grading Period
1/7: Wendy's Spirit Night; Please come on out to our Hutto Wendy's for dinner and support CCE at the same time. Drive-in, Take-Out, or Dine-In.
Yum! Thank you, Wendy's, for partnering with CCE PTA!
1/18: MLK Day~Student & Staff Holiday/No School
1/25: Tentative Day for HippoWay Awards (more information to come from our HippoWay Committee Soon)
1/28: Hutto ISD School Board Meeting 7-10 PM
Reminders from our front office:
* All Elementary Campuses are not accepting outside deliveries for staff and students i.e. lunch boxes, birthday items, snacks, backpacks, donations, flowers/gifts for teachers. Our goal is to practice social distancing and health guidelines and avoid unnecessary exposure to our staff and students.
*If you have a doctor's appointment and need to pick up your child, call the school office to notify them that you will be visiting, drive around the loop of the school and park in the front parking lot, walk up to the front entrance and ring the doorbell to the right on the wall, have your identification ready to show and we will call for your student and escort them to you outside. The office staff will sign them out and then back in when they return.
* Make sure students arrive on time each day, school begins at 7:40. Each day that a student is tardy equals cumulative learning experiences that are missed in the classroom. Students often feel stressed when they don't know what they have missed when they are late, let's help them be successful by getting them to school on time.
* Campuses are still closed to visitors at this time, thank you for supporting us in a million other ways as we hope to get back to a semi-normal visitor policy soon!
Check your student's grades through Skyward:
Stay abreast of your student's progress by checking Skyward Family Access periodically. Don't remember how to do this?
PTA Supports CCE!!
PTA has given back to CCE!
- Hand Sanitizing Stands at every campus entry
- Birthday Pencils & Bookmarks for Students for the year
- Pumpkins for Classroom Carving & Learning Projects
- Goodie Bags for Staff Appreciation
- Playscape Enhancements (Coming in October)
- Support with Virtual Events such as Trunk or Treat, etc.
- Time Donation to create a beautiful fence display to welcome our community
- Thanksgiving Table Covers for all our students and staff to enjoy!
- Bus Driver Appreciation Gifts!
- Monthly Staff Treats!
- HippoTickets Prizes for Students!
- Santa Supper Goodie Bags for Students
- Arts/Crafts Items for Christmas Parties
- Supporting with Decorating of the Campus
CCE knows that it's PTA supports our campus! We appreciate you, PTA!
If you haven't already joined PTA, it's only $10 to join for the year. If you would like to be part of a PTA committee and help making GREAT things happen at CCE, reach out to email@example.com. We always need support! Thank you!