East Elementary School
"Expecting Excellence Every Day"
Stay informed and know what's happening at East Elementary
#2 Check your Email Frequently
2019-2020 School Hours/Arrival Dismissal
School begins at 8:30 a.m. each morning and dismisses at 3:25 p.m. Student may enter the building at 8:10 a.m.
-If your student arrives after the 8:30 bell or if you need to pick up your student early, please come into the office to sign him or her in or out. Photo ID is required to sign out a student. Only those people listed on the students' Parent Portal will be allowed to pick up the student.
-For pre-planned absences, please complete & return an absence request form ARF forms may be found on the East homepage or in the office.
Please refer to the student handbook for absence/attendance policies.
A consistent transportation routine is best for your student. Should you need to make a change in your student's transportation home, please send a note to the teacher and the bus driver. Without a note, the student will be sent home their normal way. If it is an emergency, please call the office BEFORE 2:30.
East Elementary Guest & Volunteer Policies
- Office Security Check: (Driver's license needed)
- Eat lunch with a student (person must be on the student's Parent Portal)
- An infrequent, non-consistent volunteer
- Office Security Check AND Background Check: Coordinate with teacher
- Fieldtrip Chaperone - must be coordinated with teacher
- Volunteer for 3/4 Olympics & 5/6 Track and Field Day
- Office Security Check AND Background Check AND SafeSchools Training
- Volunteer on a regular basis in the classroom-must be coordinated with a teacher All background checks forms and SafeSchools training information should be coordinated through your student's teacher.
- NOTE: A Background Check and SafeSchools training must be done on an annual basis. Your SafeSchools certification must be emailed or brought into the office for verification.
Cafeteria/Free Reduced Lunch Assistance
- Lunch visitors are always welcome starting September 3rd.
- Lunch visitors arriving before the beginning of the lunches will be asked to wait in the office or the lobby until the start time and then meet their student in the cafeteria.
- If visitors are planning to stay for multiple lunches and there is a gap between start times, please to the office or lobby and wait until the next lunch begins before returning to the cafeteria.
- Any outside food should be brought for your student only. Please do not bring in extra food to share with other students.
- To protect student rights, cell phones are prohibited from being used to video or photograph students
- A designated table for lunch visitors may be setup. Visitors and their student only may be asked to sit at this table.
- Lunch Times: K: 10:25 1st Grade: 10:45 2nd Grade: 11:00 3rd Grade: 11:15 4th Grade: 11:40 5th Grade:1:00 6th Grade: 12:35
Important Policies & Information
Students are not allowed to receive items such as balloons, flowers or any other type of delivery during the school day. If such items are received, they will be kept in the office until the end of the school day and the student must be a car rider. They may NOT be sent home on the bus.
Missed Calls from East Elementary: We understand your concern, but if you have a missed call from East, please do not call the office back as we will not know who called you. If Nurse Day calls due to an illness, she will leave a voicemail.
Printed Report Cards: If you are in need of a printed report card, please complete the request form annually and submit it to the office.
Playground: For the safety of our children, only teachers & staff members are allowed on the playground during recess.
Nurse Day Notes
- If your student needs to take medication at school (prescription or over-the-counter) a medication form must be completed. This includes inhalers.
- If your student may need Tylenol, Advil, etc. during the school year, the medicine must be brought to school by an adult in the original container along with a completed medication form.
- Medication must never be sent to school with your student.
- Your child needs to be 24 hour fever free (without medication) and 24 hour vomit free to return to school