"The Safe Foodhandler"
Situations/Examples that can lead to contaminating food DON'T DO THEM!!!!!
- Not washing hands after using the restroom or after touching your phone things like that
- sneezing or coughing or being sick around food
- cross contamination for example using the same cutting board for cutting meat and vegetables and using the same knife on both
- using dirty gloves
- not using clean water to clean vegetables and other things ex. using the dishes water to clean them
- using unclean utensils to make food
- chemical hazards(sanitizers and cleaning products)
- biological hazards(bacteria,fungi, and parasites)
- physical contaminations(hair, fingernails,band-aids,glass)
- having dirty fingernails that are to long can contaminate food
- don't touch your face while messing with food
- messing with hair
- wearing a dirty uniform
The pictures below are showing how to contaminate food
Keep good personal hygiene!!!
- take showers
- wash hands correctly
- wipe down surfaces with sanitizers
- wash hands after handling cleansers
- keep utensils clean
- make sure you have a clean uniform
- make sure you wash your hands after using the restroom and messing with raw food or something
- wash hands after you touch your face or hair
- keep fingernails short and clean
- dry your hands with a paper towel
- make sure if you have a wound cover it correctly
- wear gloves when messing with food
- keep hair pulled back with a hairnet
- don't come to work if you are sick STAY HOME!!