AAA News You Can Use-September 19
This Week at a Glance
- Expeditionary Learning Coaching Visit
- Leadership meeting at 7:15
- Bus Evacuation Drills (may cause students to believe late for breakfast)
- Third Grade Fossil Find Field Trip
- School Wide Harmony Time (8:00-8:22)
- Scoliosis Screening
- Blue Ribbon Meeting in the media center
- Boosterthon Money Collection Part 2-all pledges and donations turned in
- Second Grade to Burritt
- 1/2 Day PD
- MS Students will remain in Harmony time all morning. If you partner with a class, please plan some activities to do together to build community.
RtI PST Meetings Focus of the week….Reading
Due to short week we will need to adjust our schedule. Please note the changes for the following grade levels:
Sixth Grade: Tuesday @9:00
Seventh Grade: Tuesday @ 9:45
First Grade: Thursday @12:05
STAR Progress Monitoring-Reading
School Wide Writing Plan
· SS on Mondays 5th period @ 11:50
· Science on Tuesdays 2nd period @8:15
· ELA on Tuesdays 6th period @11:50
Blue Ribbon Task of the Week
On Wednesday, your committee will be working on completing notebooks. You will also have some time to plan for some interior design.
On Friday, your team/pod will work on displaying student work and/or making an artist display based on the name of the street around you. You will also have time to take a look at your pod with your team. Think about ways to make the space look even more inviting and appealing. Would quotes, photos, artwork do the trick? Does the furniture need to be rearranged? Would a diagram on the wall help students keep furniture in place? What about trash and lost/found items?
DOI Walk Through
Self Assessments should be completed by September 30. Let me know if you have any questions.
I know everyone is super busy making great things happen in your classroom and around our school. Please take a minute to share this information with our families. Even a 2-3 sentences about an activity in your classroom would share the good news!
Don' Forget and Things To Do!
- Federal Cards-please check emails from Sandy to make sure you get all the directions.
- Nurse Hanks will be placing some clinic passes in the cafeteria. If you need to send a student during lunch, forms will be on the cart by the college graph.
- BLG Parent Signature sheets are due to the office. If you have not reached 100%, please list the names of the students that have not turned it in yet.
- Turn in all excuses to Sandy as soon as you receive them. She will complete the referral cards but she needs all information to make the process run smoothly.
- Role Call is our new system for securing substitutes. If you have not already logged into your account please do so soon in order to be ready when you are sick or an emergency arises. If you need assistance, do not hesitate to email- email@example.com They are happy to resend log in information if you let them know. Please keep in mind that all professional development must be entered at least one week in advance.
- Please alert the office if you are expecting a conference or volunteer. Although 99.9% of our families understand and value instructional time, we want to make sure that you are not being distracted from teaching or supervising students with an impromptu parent meeting. In some circumstances, you may be asked to come to the lobby to greet your parent.
September 9 Brenda Levert
September 16 Katie Brigman
September 17 Michelle Hanks
September 20 Cassaundra Taylor
September 21 Gary Leopold
September 23 Stepanie Plummer