August 27, 2020
In this issue.....
- Classroom Updates
- Accessing Charms
- Band Boosters Updates
CLASSROOM ASSIGNMENT DUE SEPTEMBER 4TH
Each student was assigned an etude and set of scales. These are due via Flipgrid on Friday, September 4th.
Students should play their etude for their family as a performance!
Thanks for an awesome rehearsal on Thursday! Make sure you bring the following to all in-person rehearsals:
- a mask for your face
- a mask for your instrument (i.e., bell covering)
- a water bottle pre-filled with water (no access to water fountains at school)
Next week’s rehearsals:
- Tuesday, 9/1 Pep Band / Woodwinds 6:00-7:30 PM @ Bus Lanes
- Tuesday, 9/1 Pep Band / Brass 6:00- 7:30 PM @ Front of School Parking Lot
- Tuesday, 9/1 Concert Band Percussion Ensemble 6:00-7:00 PM @ Band Parking Lot
- Tuesday, 9/1 Symphonic Band Percussion Ensemble 7:00-8:00 PM @ Band Parking Lot
- Wednesday, 9/2 Pep Band / Drumline 6:00-7:30 @ Band Parking Lot
- Wednesday, 9/2 Pep Band / Color Guard 6:00-7:00 PM @ Band Practice Field
- Thursday, 9/3 Pep Band / Woodwinds 6:00-7:30 PM @ Bus Lanes
- Thursday, 9/3 Pep Band / Brass 6:00 -7:30 PM @ Front of School Parking Lot
- Thursday, 9/3 Concert Band Percussion Ensemble 6:00-7:00 PM @ Band Parking Lot
- Thursday, 9/3 Symphonic Band Percussion Ensemble 7:00-8:00 PM @ Band Parking Lot
As a reminder, all pep band members are asked to purchase a 2020 commemorative Roswell “Peppers” Pep Band Jersey and a horn covering for your instrument.
Check our store on the band website to purchase your jersey and horn covering.
As many of you know, Charms is the website/database that we use to help manage our band program. It’s important that you know how to log in and check your student’s account regularly.
You will receive your first Billing Statement this week.
- Log on to www.charmsoffice.com, and click the LOGIN link at the upper right.
- Locate the PARENTS/STUDENT/MEMBERS LOGIN tab.
- Log in to your child’s program account using this school code: RoswellHSBand
- If this is your first time logging in or if you have a new 9th Grader, your Student Area Password is:
Student First Initial / Last Name / Graduation Year (for example: JSmith2024)
Once you have entered this ID number, you will be prompted to change your password.
PARENTS! Now we need your help. Go to the following two sections to verify accuracy:
#1 – “UPDATE INFO”
- FOR YOUR STUDENT:
Verify that your child’s address, student email and student cell phone number is correct.
- FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS:
Verify that we have your name, email and cell phone listed correctly. You can add another adult’s name if you wish. WE MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE PARENT’S CONTACT INFORMATION ON FILE AT ALL TIMES.
#2 – “FINANCES”
Check your Student Financial Account for accuracy. If you have questions, contact our Treasurer, Aimee Christian at Treasurer@RoswellBand.com
Mr. Long made a helpful video to show you where you’ll look in Charms for financial information! You can find it on the band’s website under “How to Pay Band Fees.” See the Charms Login Video here:
If you are having trouble remembering your password from last year, send an email to email@example.com , and we can reset it for you.
BAND BOOSTERS UPDATE
Are you a photographer, videographer and or media expert? We need your assistance!
The RHS Band Boosters Association is in need of a Media Chair/Photography /Video. This person helps with the following:
- Manages and assembles a team of photographers and videographers to fulfill the mission of the Photography/Video Committee.
- This committee is responsible for:
- Documenting the year with photos and video for band camp, football games, competitions, festivals, concerts, band trips and other special events.
- Highlighting RHS band events using photography and videography.
- Editing photos and videos to provide consistent quality.
- Posts media on appropriate social media platforms such as RHS band YouTube channel, Facebook and RHS website.
- Coordinating timing with Director of Communications to avoid excessive posts.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested
The Kroger Community Rewards program makes fundraising easy by donating to local organizations based on the shopping you do every day. Once you link your Card to an organization, all you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Shopper’s Card. Do it today; it’s so easy to help!
1. Create a digital account. (A digital account is needed to participate in Kroger Community Rewards. If you already have a digital account, simply link your Shopper’s Card to your account so that all transactions apply toward the organization you choose.)
2. Link your Card to an organization. Look for and select “Roswell High School Band.” Organization Number: HD754
Be sure to help support our business partners who do so much to help our band. Thank you!
- Aurora Cineplex
- MidGard Self Storage
- Carl Black GMC
- Modern Woodmen of America
- 3D Technical Direction
- Highway 9 Marketing & Events
- Deep Sky West
- That Dirty Dog
Friends of the Band
- ACE Truck, Body & Trailer Repair
- Cheek Dental
- Salon de la Vie
- Atlanta North Dermatology
- The Alan Christian Mortgage Team
- Empyrean Tattoo Studio
- North Fulton Smiles
- The Dojo
- Honest-1 Auto Care
- Roof Depot