Week of February 8- February 12 Vol.1 Edition 23
Hello Staff,Whether your weekend was spent in celebration of the 50th Superbowl, riveting in the spirit of Mardi Gras, or simply proud of completing 100 days of school, my hope is that it was all fun! This is "Random Acts of Kindness" Week. Thank you for being kind to each other and to our students every day!
Feb 8th, Monday, 3:15-4:15
- Professional Development: Unpacking the Standards, Room 114 (RLA)/Library (Math). 3-5 teachers will attend by content, and PK-2 has a choice by content.
Feb 9-10th, Tuesday-Wednesday,
- All day Professional Development: Continuation of Unpacking the standards.
4th and 5th Grade Math and Reading on Tuesday, February 9th. 3rd Grade Math and Reading on Wednesday, February 10th.
Feb 10th, Wednesday
- Coffee with the principal in the Auditorium, 9:00 am: STAAR Viewing Forum for parents, grades 3-5. Also presenting, Ms. Arango from AVANCE and Ms. Constantine, Brookhaven College.
Feb 10th, Wednesday
- NTA will provide teachers with a lunch, and share information about insurance with staff, lunchtime, in the teacher's lounge.
Feb 12th, Friday
- JIv'Daya during planning for 3-5th grade teachers.
- Annual Acceptance of Acknowledgement of District Policy, EOD Monday, 2/8
- Verification of Class Rosters, Wednesday, 2/10
SBDM, Tuesday, 2/9, 4p
PTA Board Meeting, 2/9, 5:30p
CAR, Wed-Thurs, 2/10-2/11
President's Day - Staff and Student Holiday, Monday 2/15
Junior Achievement, Friday 3/11
Habits of Mind: Do your best work all the time.
This mind set is similar to striving for accuracy. More than that, it means continuing to work hard to improve proficiency and reach one’s potential. We need to teach students that they do not have to settle for second best and that in some things average just is not good enough. Reaching high goals usually requires our best work and a habit of doing our best all the time.
our mission is to promote student success through a high quality education. For every child to succeed, we must hold students and ourselves to high expectations. Only the courageous pursuit of excellence will lead to success.