Creston Community News
Fall Break Edition
The first day back to school, October 19th, is a BLACK COHORT DAY!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION from the PRINCIPAL
Fall conferences are scheduled for THURSDAY, October 22nd.
- You should have already received information related to conferences from one of your child’s teachers. If not, you'll receive it after fall break!
- Please note that students will conference with a Quarter 1 Teacher, so even if they have a schedule change starting October 19th, their conference will occur with someone who taught them during Quarter 1.
- Please make sure to check with your student to see what communication they’ve received about conferences, and respond accordingly. Details may have also been sent to your email.
- Term 1 Report Card grades will be discussed/shared during Conferences!
- If you do not yet have access to ParentVUE to access your child's grades, check the instructions HERE so you can gain the access you need!
- We anticipate and hope that 100% of our students and families will participate in this year’s conferences, which will be held virtually.
- We look forward to talking with all families via Zoom on October 22nd.
If your child is coming to school in person next term (after being virutal the first 9-weeks) you will be receiving information about bus pickup/dropoff times at some point over fall break (from the Transportation Office).
**Also, please make sure your child brings ALL textbooks/workooks back to school with them.**
The link below provides an overview of the EBT cards some parents will receive.
You can call our CIMS Clinic with any questions - 317-532-6807 - once school resumes.
Students who are not in compliance will be excluded from school after October 19th. Attendance, as you know, is incredibly important so please make sure your child has received the appropriate vaccines!
BLACK/GOLD SCHEDULE for GRADES 6-8 IN PERSON, & GRADES 7-8 VIRTUAL - SEE BELOW
Do you love basketball? Do you want to be part of a proud tradition? Are you in 7th or 8th grades? Do you have a physical on file and a Final Forms digital account created? If you answered Yes to ALL of these questions, then you will want to try out for our Boys Basketball Teams. Practice begins on Tuesday, October 20th after school. Any questions please contact Coach Kwiatkowski or Coach Guthrie.
Interested in Winter Cheerleading? Google Forms were sent out to all 7th and 8th-grade students, either from your GLA or your CORE connect teacher. Students who fill out this form will receive an email over fall break with videos and information about winter cheerleading try-outs. So make sure you check your email over fall break. If you have any questions email either of the coaches, Ms. Dennison or Ms. Gillam.
Try-outs for Gold Cohort will be on Tuesday, October 20th after school; meet at Ms. Dennison's room, Room 137, or Door 7 if you are a virtual Gold Cohort student.
Try-outs for Black Cohort will be on Wednesday, October 21st after school; meet at Ms. Dennison's room, Room 137, or Door 7 if you are a virtual Black Cohort student.
HELPFUL LINKS & RESOURCES
You can locate a copy of the CIMS Dress Code by clicking here.
DEADLINE COMING SOON: 2020 U.S. Census
Every ten years, everyone living in the United States – regardless of immigration status – is counted in the census.
- The census deadline is approaching. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the deadline to respond to the 2020 Census was extended earlier this year until October 5, 2020. The date your household will reference when completing your census is April 1, 2020. Make sure you count everyone who was residing in your household on this date, including roommates, extended family, friends, and – of course – children!
Le escribo hoy para llamar su atención a un evento muy importante que tendrá un impacto para nuestra escuela, comunidad y país durante la próxima década, y que se está llevando a cabo ahora mismo en todo el país: el Censo de los Estados Unidos.
- Se acerca la fecha límite del censo. Debido a la pandemia de COVID-19, la fecha límite para responder al Censo del 2020 se extendió principios de este año hasta el 5 de octubre de 2020. La fecha de referencia de su hogar al completar su censo es el 1 de abril de 2020.