Butler October Newsletter
Mrs. Libby Nickoli, Principal
As we enter the halfway mark for our first nine week grading period, I am so proud of how our students have adjusted to new routines, procedures, and wearing facial coverings. They are rock stars!
We have been able to transition breakfast and lunch out of the classrooms and into the cafeteria. Our tables can be divided in half and students are sitting eight feet apart on our benches. Teachers are becoming more comfortable with their five and a half hour day with students and are working hard to meet their needs. Please remember to have your child ready with you every night!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Nickoli at 419-883-3451 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Libby Nickoli, Principal
SCHOOL FEES DUE
After September 30th fees will go up to $50 for a total of $65. Please click on the link below if you would like to pay online.
Please note: The online payment option is preset to $50. The additional $10 will be applied to their lunch account for snacks or when students are required to purchase a lunch after January 1st.
Butler Elementary PTO
- They will be meeting this year at the Whiffletree in Butler on the 3rd Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m
- PTO has Clear Fork Colts socks for sale (see picture above); one pair for $15 two pair for $25. Contact the President, Kalie Orndorff via text at 419-961-7335 to arrange a pick up.
- Der Dutchman Pie Orders will also be taken again this fall. STAY TUNED!!!
- Plant orders are also being explored with the Fortmeyer Company again....details to come later!
- At this time, we will not be able to host the Holiday Shopping event that we have in years past. We hope to have it up and running again next year!
- We are in need of two parents in fourth grade and two parents in fifth grade to join the PTO to help plan special events for these classes! Please contact Kalie at the number listed above or show up at their next meeting!
- October 30, 2020 End of the first quarter
- October 30th Harvest Parties (no parent volunteers this year) teachers will send information out at a later date.
- November 6, 2020 Grade cards go home
- November 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, and 10th Fourth Grade Gifted Testing
- November 12, 2020 Parent Teacher Conferences via ZOOM 1:45 to 7:00 p.m.
- November 19, 2020 Parent Teacher Conferences via ZOOM 1:45 to 7:00 p.m.
- November 25th-30th Thanksgiving Break
- December 23rd-January 3rd Christmas Vacation
Gifted and Talented Testing
Our fourth grade students are scheduled to take the assessments on November 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, and 10th.
If you have any questions about our talented and gifted services at Clear Fork, please contact our coordinator Kathy Quickle at email@example.com.
Third Grade AIR Assessments
You may read more about the Third Grade Reading Guarantee and how it will impact our students and school at the following website:
November 12th and November 19th
Parent/Teacher Conferences on ZOOM
The link above will take you to an article on how to download Zoom to your personal computer or smartphone. Please take a moment to do this before parent/teacher conferences in November. Our teachers will reach out to you with log in information and time for your conference.
Progressbook Log In
If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and Miss Sally will forward your log in information.
We encourage you to check your child's Progressbook account every weekend to stay ahead of missing assignments. Parents who look at their child's progress consistently will have positive outcomes on grade cards.
Please make sure you are still filling out the free/reduced forms so that your child may continue to qualify in 2021. Miss Sally has forms in the office. Pull up to the front door and call 419-883-3451 and we will run them out to your car.
If you would like your child to eat breakfast at school, make sure they arrive before 7:45. Doors open at 7:35.
If you have an immediate family member who is actively serving our country and would like your child to be a part of this support group at school, please email email@example.com.
Accelerated Reader Contest
First Grade Miss Williams vs. Mrs. Daniels
Second Grade Mrs. Pipes vs. Ms. Legron
Third Grade Mrs. Walker vs. Mrs. Clapp
Fourth Grade Mr. Dannemiller vs. Mr. Cunningham
Fifth Grade Mrs. Cole vs. Mrs. Keen
If grades 1-5 can accumulate 2,000 points by October 30th, everyone will receive a surprise!!!!