March 13, 2020
March 12, 2020
Dear Columbia Families,
Columbia School District will be closed beginning Monday, March 16, 2020. This decision has been made with caution and careful thought, with guidance from the Governor’s office, Jackson County Health Department and in alignment with other Jackson County School Districts. This is an unprecedented emergency school closure and a public health situation that is rapidly evolving. We will continue to update you as we get more information.
We intend to resume school on April 6th, 2020. If this date changes, we will publicize this on myeagles.org and our Columbia School District Facebook page.
We recommend that students take home belongings that they will need for the next three weeks.
If your student will need medications currently on file at school or medical equipment used in the school setting during the closure, please contact the appropriate school office so that arrangements can be made for pick up. Certain medications such as controlled substances must be picked up by a parent. Medications and equipment not needed during the closure may remain at school.
At this point, students are not required to remotely complete the curriculum. However, Odysseyware courses will remain active and students with online courses should continue working. Students are encouraged you to utilize the following resources provided by our Columbia Teachers
Columbia Options High School - myeagles.owschools.com
For information related to the District COVID-19 response and to access resources, please see the following websites: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
Pamela Campbell, PhD
More Information in Regards to the Recent School Closure
- All ATHLETICS ARE CANCELED until April 6. Coaches should recommend training exercises at home. No youth practices until April 6. NO coaches or teams should be in any school buildings or the Fitness Center until April 6.
- NO SCHOOL EVENTS MAY BE HELD IN THE BUILDING during the closure. No one is permitted in the building.
- Out of concern for our students and staff members, and in a spirit of prevention and precaution Child Care and the Columbia Community Fitness Center will be CLOSED until April 6.
- All resources and mental health links are available on myeagles.org
- Decisions for any school activity scheduled after April 6 will be made as more information becomes available.