ARABIC 1 Newsletter Lesson 12
Lesson 12 Starts Today!!!
What to Look Forward to in this lesson: أهداف تعليم الدرس الحادي عشر
- The different sections of the typical Arabic house (old and modern).
- The way of living in the house and the different generations who lived together.
- A wide variety of colors in Arabic.
- Some adjectives and their relations to nouns in addition to some opposites related to daily life.
- The importance of writing letters in their proper position in the word to preserve the correct meaning.
- How to extract several words from one root.
What assignments are due by Sunday, Dec. 14th الواجبات
NOTE: We will be working on this lesson for TWO Weeks! Refer to Due Date Calendar.
- L.11 End of Lesson 11 Quiz (Due by due date on course calendar)
- L.12 Assignment 12.1: Speaking (Parts of House) - Due by due date on course calendar
- L. 12 Assignment 12.2: Traditional Arabic House- Discussion Board (Due by due date on course calendar)
- L. 12 Assignment 12.3: (Due by due date on course calendar)
- L. 12 Assignment 12.4: Vocabulary & Speaking - Due by due date on course calendar
- L. 12 Assignment 12.5: Coaching Sessions -
- Due by due date on course calendar
- L. 12 End of Lesson 12 Quiz: Due by due date on course calendar
- End of Module 3 LinguaFolio Assignment - Due by due date on course calendar
- Contact your teacher weekly via Text, BBIM or phone to check in
What assignments are included in the Progress Report for 12/2?
- Assig 6.1: Greeting Discussion
- Assig 6.2: Reading& Role play in coaching session
- Assig 6.3: Comprehension
- Assig 6.4: Coaching Sessions
- End of Lesson 6 Quiz
- Assig. 7.1: Calligraphy - Discussion
- Assig. 7.2: Grammar Pronouns
- Assig. 7.3: Describe School
- Assig. 7.4 Coaching Sessions
- End of Lesson 7 Quiz
- Assig. 8.1: Arabs & Astronomy - Discussion
- Assig. 8.2: Describing Weekly Schedule
- Assig. 8.3: My Calendar
- Assig. 8.4: Coaching Sessions
- End of Lesson 8 Quiz
- Assig. 9.1: Hospitality - Discussion
- Assig. 9.2: Vocabulary & Speaking
- Assig. 9.3: Family Tree
- Assig. 9.4 Coaching Sessions
- End of Lesson 9 Quiz
- Assig. 10.1: Listening
- Assig. 10.2: Shopping Presentation
- Assig. 10.3: Grammar
- Assig. 10.4: Coaching Sessions
- End of Lesson 10 Quiz
WHAT TO DO IF YOU MISSED YOUR COACHING SESSION?
If you absolutely have to miss a language coaching session, please send a message to your coach ahead of time, so they won't be waiting for you! THEN:
- Check out the "Coaching Schedule" tab and see when your coach offers another session. if there is a time/day that works for you, perhaps with another coach.
- Let that coach know (via blackboard message, blackboard IM, or in the session) that you're making up a session.
- In order to be counted present, please let your main coach know what coach and what time you attended via e-mail inside BB (please copy me).
OR METHOD 2:*** (You are allowed this method TWICE a semester for emergency)
- Listen to your coach's archived session that you missed by following this path.
- Go to "My Language Coach" tab on navigation bar--> scroll down until you see your coach's name --> click the link UNDER the picture and find the date and time of the session that you have missed.
- If (for some reasons) your coach was unable to record anything or you can't find the session, you may listen to recording of another coach on the same date
- Listen to the whole archive.
- Then, E-MAIL your coach (copy me) with the date and time of the archived session and a brief summery of the content of the session
- Your coach will go back to the attendance sheet to change the status and I will give you credit for having attended a coaching session once I see you have accessed & listened to the archive.
**Method 2: You will not receive full credit for using method 2. You will have points taken off due to the fact that you are not participating during that session. All you are doing is listening, and not participating therefore points will be deducted. You will receive points instead of getting a 0% The highest grade you can get using method 2 is 80%**