Second Grade April Newsletter
Miss Betty's Classroom
Happy April! Thank you so much for all the birthday love! The second graders (and their parents) really made my day extra special. I am extremely blessed to have such thoughtful and caring students!
April 13th is the last day before Easter break. That day is a minimum day and school will be out at 12:00 pm. We will return from break on Monday, April 25th.
- Stations of the Cross led by 3rd grade: Thursday, April 7 at 11:30am
- All School Mass: Friday, April 8 at 9:00am
- Community Send-off Prayer: Friday, April 8 at 2:35pm
- HT Campus Clean-Up Day: Saturday, April 9 10am-12pm
- Morning Assembly led by 7th grade: Monday, April 11
- Deposit Day with Inland Federal Credit Union: Tuesday, April 12
- Stations of the Cross led by 8th grade: Wednesday, April 13 at 11:15am
- Easter Break: April 14-22
- STAR Testing begins: Monday, April 25
- Morning Assembly led by 6th grade: Monday, April 25
- Disciple of Christ Monthly Recognition: Monday, April 25
- Pizza with the Principal (Disciple of Christ): Tuesday, April 26
- Deposit Day with Inland Federal Credit Union: Tuesday, April 26
- Hawk P.R.I.D.E. Spirit Wear Top Day: Thursday, April 28
- All Jog-a-thon Money due: Thursday, April 28
- 3rd Trimester Progress Reports Distributed in Parent Envelope: Thursday, April 28
- All School Mass led by 5th grade: Friday, April 29 at 9:00am
- Annual Jog-a-thon: Friday, April 29
- First Eucharist Mass with the parish: Saturday, April 30 at 10:00am
We will be continuing our studies of Lent. We have finished the Sorrowful Mysteries and half of the Stations of the Cross. We will finish the Stations of the Cross and then return to our religion books. When we return to our book, we will finish our discussions of love. We will focus on what things turn us towards God's love.
We will begin our next unit in reading titled "How on Earth?". In this unit, students will read stories about children learning about the world. We will read about light, energy, astronauts, and money. We will also read a myth from Puerto Rico.
Please make sure your children are reading each night at home to help them practice their reading skills.
We will continue studying the government in social studies. We will learn about different kinds of governments. We will also look at how different nations interact with one another. We will begin looking at the economy in terms of goods and services. We will see how resources play a big part in what goods are produced.
Spelling and Vocabulary
We will continue to alternate between spelling and vocabulary words. This will help improve the students’ writing as well as their speech.
Thank you for allowing me to be with your children each day and watch them as they grow in stature as well as intellect.
Classroom Wish List
Water bottles from the Rangels and Attishas
Tissue boxes from the Attishas
Paper plates from the Attishas
Stickers from the Rangels, Ta-Octas, and Ballos
Q-tips from the Ta-Octas
A ladder from the Hannas
Paints from the Khouris
Shirts and clipboards from the Rangels
Dictionaries from the Attishas
Monetary donation towards flooring from the Ballos, Rangels, Valdezs, Habibs, Ta-Octas, Attishas, Khouris, Haishas and Exxon Mobile!
Highlighters from the Habibs