The Bird Call
Clever High School
It's a Learning Experience
As always, if there are questions please reach out.
High School Principal
Remind: Text "@clever9-12" to 81010
Freshmen Orientation and Open House
- Incoming Freshmen should arrive between 5:00 pm - 5:45 pm.
- Incoming Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors should come between 6:00 pm - 6:45 pm.
- Masking is required for all visitors.
- Instructions to access student schedules, locker assignments, parking permits, and more will be provided when you arrive.
- For incoming freshmen and students who are new to the district, Chromebooks will be available for pick-up. A $45 Chromebook payment is required for any student who will be taking their Chromebook home with them. All students are required to submit an Acceptable Use Policy agreement as well (AUP).
- For students returning to the district who have a Chromebook, the $45 annual payment will be accepted as well.
- Only the student and parent/guardian should attend to minimize exposure risk for all guests and staff.
Freshmen Orientation (5:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
Beginning at 5:00 pm in the CPAC (Clever Performing Arts Center), a brief welcome meeting will take place. If you are able to be there to hear from Mr. Casey, Mrs. Hickman, and Mrs. Waisner you are encouraged to attend.
After the welcome meeting, or for anyone unable to arrive at 5:00 pm, students and parents/guardians will have time to explore the building and meet teachers at their own pace.
The freshmen orientation of the evening will conclude at 6:00 pm to allow for incoming Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors to attend Open House. Freshmen students and their parents/guardians are asked to arrive no later than 5:45 pm.
Open House (6:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
For students returning to Clever High School, the building will be open to walk through your schedule for the upcoming semester and meet your teachers.
For new students to the district, a brief welcome meeting in the CPAC (Clever Performing Arts Center) will take place at 6:00 pm. If you are unable to arrive at 6:00 pm, you are still encouraged to come to explore the building and meet teachers.
An announcement will be made at 7:00 pm to end the evening’s events. Please arrive no later than 6:45 pm.
For the first day of school, students will need a backpack, notebook, and something to write with. Also, students who have been issued a Chromebook will be asked to have their device on the first day.
Personal Electronic Device Policy Change
In order to set a high standard of excellence and encourage students to actively engage in their learning, a change has been made to our personal electronic device policy.
In accordance with existing School Board Policy, beginning the first day of school, personal electronic devices - including cell phones - will be prohibited during instructional time. Instructional time is defined as the time spent in a classroom during 1st – 7th hours, including P.R.I.D.E. time on Fridays. Instructional time includes the use of restrooms, water breaks, etc. Devices will need to be set to silent during instructional time and either (1) placed in the designated area in the classroom or (2) stored in the student's backpack. At no point during a class period should a student access their personal electronic device. Additionally, students may not use their cell phones at any time during the school day to take pictures, record videos, and/or record audio without specific permission from a teacher and only if the use of the personal electronic device is for academic purposes. Furthermore, cell phones are strictly forbidden in the following locations: restrooms, locker rooms, other district schools (i.e. during A+ tutoring, internships, etc).
In the spirit of compromise, utilizing personal electronic devices during the following times throughout the day will be acceptable:
- Before 7:40 and after 3:25 while on campus
- Between classes during passing times
The use/inappropriate use of any personal electronic devices will result in disciplinary action. Exceptions need to be approved through building administration. Parents and students are reminded that the school office phones are available for parents and students to contact each other for legitimate reasons, i.e. illness, personal matters. You can reach the main office by calling 743-4830.
- 1st Offense: Device is confiscated and turned into front office and verbal warning.
- 2nd Offense: Device is confiscated and turned into front office and (1) after-school detention.
- 3rd Offense: Device is confiscated and turned into front office and (2) after-school detentions.
- 4th Offense and subsequent offenses: Device is confiscated and turned into front office and (1) days of ISS.
*Confiscated devices can be picked up by the student between 3:25-3:30 pm in the main office.
First day of school
For students driving to campus, please be patient! Some students will not have received a parking permit before the first day and someone might be in your assigned spot if you received a permit at Open House. Please see Officer Barney as soon as possible to receive a parking permit. As a reminder, permits are $10. Spots #1-45 are reserved for staff members.
Breakfast and Lunch will once again be provided at no charge to our students this year. A la carte items will be available for purchase.
Daily Wellness Checks
Do you have...
- fever or chills
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea, vomiting or diarrhea