Ms. Steere's Classroom
I hope you all had a restful Spring Break It's hard to believe we only have 7 1/2 weeks of school before our summer break.
- FIELD TRIP PERMISSION SLIPS DUE THURSDAY, APRIL 7TH! Please return signed permission slip and $10 payment. Chaperones will be chosen and notified on Friday, April 8th. Chaperone payment can be sent in the following week.
- Please be sure your child is returning their book baggie to school each day so they can practice reading their books independently and get new books at the end of the week.
- Our class is in need of disinfecting wipes. Please send some in if you are able. Thank you!
- April 8th - M-NES Earth Day Celebration
- April 13th - Princess & the Frog play presented by Theatre IV
- April 18th-22nd - BOGO Book Fair (volunteers needed)
- April 21st - Muffins with Mom
- April 21st - Field Trip to the Children's Museum of Richmond
- April 21st, 5:30pm - PTA Meeting
- April 22nd - Recycling Projects Due (information to be sent home next week)
- April 26th - Scholastic Book Order Forms Due
- April 28th, 3:30-7:00 - Preschool/Kindergarten Registration
- May 23rd - Field Day/ STEM Day
- May 24th - K-2 End of Year Award Ceremonies
This Week's Learning Goals
- continue to practice and use reading strategies when listening to and reading stories. (Reading SOLs: K.1, K.2, K.3, K.8, K.9, K.10)
- write to communicate ideas. (Writing SOL: K.12b-d)
- use technology for writing. (Writing SOL: K.13)
- identify and describe characteristics of a penny, nickel, dime, and quarter. (Math SOL: K.7)
- count and determine the value of a collection of pennies and/or nickels. (Math SOL: K.7)
- identify and locate features on maps and globes. (History SOL: K.4a-c)
- use maps and globes to show the location of places referenced in stories and real-life situations. (History SOL: K.4a-c)
- understand that maps and globes show the position of objects, in smaller size, from above. (History SOL: K.5a-c)
This Month's Birthdays
April 15th- Zane