Weekly Updates from Mrs. K
February 12th, 2021
Teacher Feature - Rob Rethans
Speech & Language Pathologist
The ability to communicate is one of the most important human abilities. Communication allows parents to parent, teachers to teach, and kids to ask for extra ice cream. I became a Speech Therapist because I want all kids to be able to learn, grow, and improve our world.
Fun facts about me:
- I love to go camping and fly fishing with my family
- I can bake a mean loaf of sourdough bread
- I've climbed big walls in Yosemite and am a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- My family will be welcoming a new baby boy in April.
Let's Keep Everyone Healthy and Our School Open
1. Screen your child for symptoms each morning before sending them to school.
2. Keep your child home for at least 3 days if they are not feeling well - sick children should not be at school regardless of the cause of the illness.
3. Keep the lines of communication with the school open - we all want what is best for your child and working together we can accomplish that!
Please keep children at home if anyone in the household is awaiting test results
Register New Kindergarten Students for the 2021-2022 School Year
Tips for Reading Picture Books with Your Child
CHARACTER TRAIT OF THE MONTH
Have each member of the family fill out a bingo board with different ways you like others to show Kindness to you. Place each bingo board somewhere accessible for the whole family such as the refrigerator. Then, when someone commits an act on your board, color it in! Be sure to celebrate when the family has collaborated to get bingo! Some ideas may include:
- Help with a household chore
- Spend quality time together with no distractions (tv, phone, etc.)
- Play a game together
- Give a hug
- Write a card or letter saying what you love about someone