McKinney Boyd Band Newsletter
September 14th- September 18th
Newsletter Synopsis (As of 9/13)
1. FINE ARTS SENIOR NIGHT HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE 1ST FOOTBALL GAME SEPTEMBER 24TH (READ BELOW FOR MORE DETAILED INFO)
2. Band families (cheer/bailadoras/ect..) will be able to buy Football game tickets early on each Sunday before each game at 1:00pm. (***New link/letter in box below)
3. Marching band participants, download information for the UDB Pro app is below. Download and follow instructions before Tuesdays rehearsal.
4. Game day procedures/Timeline posted HERE (continue reading below for more detailed info)
5. Band rehearsal pickup/drop off proceudres and map below.
6. In Person family night on September 25th has been CANCELLED. We will have a virtual concert performance and letter jacket presentation and will be looking for another opportunity to gather. More info on that coming soon...
7. Seniors, If you would like to be a MISD Scholar artist of the week, read the "blurb" below and send me your application with a hi-res photo!
8. Need to make a payment on your account, but are not sure how? Please see this document for step by step instructions. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vijsC7ntvd5Gqhh0qCHTpgXIGb_EzvcoxQ7N0YIv6h8/edit?usp=sharing
9. I have listed our most recent Covid 19 protocol/protection procedures HERE (CLICK).
Check out our Boyd band flow chart maps for during and after school rehearsals.
Fine Arts Senior Night: Moved to September 24th (New date)
Feeling like we have one guaranteed opportunity, administration does not want the current fine art seniors to miss out on Senior recognition if worst case we had to close the football season down for whatever reason.
Therefore ALL senior recognition will happen at our 1st football game against Flower Mound on September 24th.
We are going to fit you for full uniform this Tuesday 15th from 2:45pm- 6:00pm
Final information letter/instructions will come on Remind (Join info below) on Friday September 18th.
All senior parents/escorts will have to purchase tickets (pay attention to the next blurb below on the newsletter for early purchase for band families)
Band families can purchase early online football tickets the Sunday before each game @ 1:00pm.
This is new!
All band students families ID's have been sent to athletic department, they are entering them into the ticketing system so that Band/Cheer/Drill/Football families can buy tickets first.
The window opens each week the Sunday before the Game at 1:00pm.
****Here is the linked letter from Dr. Peirson on where and how to purchase tickets:
**All volunteers (chaperones and field crew) are being asked to purchase tickets from the athletic department as well as wear their identifiable volunteer shirts for the home games. This helps them make sure they stay in compliance with UIL tracking capacity numbers.
Download new version of UDB Pro App (Gold vs. White) before Tuesday
Ultimate Drill book is the tool that we use to learn our marching drill. For 2020 they have upgraded all users to the pro edition (UDBapp Pro). We are asking all students to download this new app before Tuesday onto their phone.
***If you do not have a phone a laminated paper copy can be borrowed for rehearsals. Just see a drum major before rehearsal.
Every member will need to set up a new account.
Info for ensemble code/ect will be sent through remind and canvas so make sure you are joined to the correct group.
Game Day Procedures and Timeline
Our first football game is THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 24TH vs. Flower Mound at 7:00PM at our MISD stadium.
CLICK HERE for Game Day itinerary/timeline
This process looks different from previous years:
1. Remember we are only traveling to home games this year (notated as VS. and not @ on the google calendar/FB schedule)
2. We will have an after school day rehearsal every home game day on the JV field starting at 3:30pm
3. We will dismiss from the school for the kids to go home to eat (dinner provided by band as they dismiss) and gather their things to meet at the stadium by 5:45pm.
4. There will be no group bus traveling to and from due to COVID risk issues
5. Stadium reference map (CLICK). You can enter the stadium/park/be dropped off/picked up at the north entrance (McKinney Park Drive) and enter those first lots on the left (marked "Box trucks" and "buses" on the map). You will then head to the semi truck to grab your things (marked as "Tractor/Trailor" on map) and then organize in the Fine arts gate (marked as "props" on map).
5. After the game, DM/Section leaders and all those who house instruments on the semi/box truck will come unload at MBHS. Everyone else will be dismissed from the stadium.
Inspection is a process in which we can double check that all students have ALL the items in order to be UNIFORM and successful in the stands. Not having all the items can mean that you will not be allowed to perform with us in the stands/at the game and be sent home.
So please communicate your uniform needs to our Uniform/Spirit wear team NOW.
• Red Band Dri-Fit Shirt
• Blue Marching Athletic shorts
• Appropriate Athletic Shoes (Tennis shoes)
• Red Band Hat
• Official MBHS band Brass Bell cover
• Official MBHS band face covering/gaitor
• Official MBHS band water bottle and personalized covering
• White Marching Gloves
• Marching instrument/flip folder/music
This is the same process as it has been forever but we will now be inspecting at the stadium instead of at school.
**Anything that has been back ordered and has not yet been given out is an exception to this rule. We will be passing out the bell covers/face coverings in the next 2 weeks.
Full Band Rehearsal Drop off/Pick up procedure reminder
Just a friendly reminder –
No parking in the fire lane is allowed during any band pick-up, summer or school year. Please follow the line of cars around the perimeter of the marching field (in yellow) Students are to be picked up in that line on the far left of the parking-lot. Please communicate to your student to look both ways before crossing the road. We want to ensure that all 200+ students and parents are safe during band pick-up.
Thank you for your Support and Cooperation!
Seniors only! Scholar Artist's of the Week up for grabs!
1. Edit this file in the original Microsoft word format.
2. Turn it in with a High Resolution .jpg photo of yourself to Mr. Treadwell
Encourage you to brag about yourself a bit on the application. Probably good to keep it during your HS years and fairly Fine Arts related. Although if you are next in line to overthrow Joey Chestnut in the Nathan’s Hotdog Eating Competition, that may be something exciting to hear about. ;)
Volunteer work, Church Mission trips, after school jobs, plans after high school are always encouraged to include.
Remind 101 UPDATE/ARCHIVE: Resign up for new group ASAP
Remind is the quickest and easiest way for us to send information out. ***We require all students to join and strongly encourage parents to do also in order to stay informed.
Text the following code to the #81010 :
9th grade student: @boydband9
10th grade student: @boydband10
11th grade student: @boydband11
12th grade student: @boydband12
9th grade parent: @mbbandfm9
10th grade parent: @mbbandfm10
11th grade parent: @mbbandfm11
12th grade parent: @mbbandfm12
Incoming parent/student (current 8th grader): @mbhs8to9
Spring Trip: Update
Latest update from Directors Choice (8/12):
We will be receiving another portion of our refund back soon from Directors choice. Just like last time we will send out checks to our families.
***Those families that purchased insurance will have to go back to their claim and adjust the amount that has been refunded!
All families who have purchased insurance can now begin filing their claims.
**Instead of cancelling policies for those families that signed up with with incorrect link, the company has changed the dates manually with our guidance.
Our dates are 4/24-4/27.
I have updated both groups (MBHS/MHS) for your group number/policy number reference in the Document Hub link below.
***Even though we are making progress, there are still forms that we do not have access to and are working to get more information. Please feel free to call/work with the insurance company for clarifications. I will update forms in the hub as I get them.
We have 15 months from point of cancellation to complete our claims.
Information that I currently have access to for claim purposes:
Official Cancellation date: 3/24/20 (NEW CANCELLATION LETTER NOW ADDED TO DRIVE)
Original Deposit date: 6/10/2019
Google Drive Claim Document Hub for Parents
(Will continue to be updated as information is made available to me):
DC Coordinator contact info:
I hope that it is clear we are being as transparent in this process as we can and are all working to find solutions for everyone.
***Understand that this is a point of high stress for every director/travel agency in the country at this point. I do not have all the answers but you can rest assured that taking care of our families is the highest point of focus right now and doing right by you is my highest priority. I am doing EVERYTHING in my power to protect you and find solutions. If you reach out to me with trip questions, I will respond as quickly as I can within 24-48hrs. I appreciate all your grace and patience.
Calendar for the Week
Tuesday (9/15) Full band rehearsal 3:30-5:30pm, Senior Uniform fittings 2:45-6:00PM, Senior SCRIPT due
Wednesday (9/16) NO REHEARSAL, (Tutorials by appointment)
Thursday (9/17) Full band rehearsal 3:30-5:30pm
Friday (9/18) NO REHEARSAL (Tutorials by appointment)
Monday (9/21) Full band rehearsal 3:30-5:30pm
Wednesday (9/23) Full band rehearsal 3:30-5:30pm
Thursday (9/24) MBHS vs. Flower Mound (Senior Night) ITINERARY
Friday (9/25) Virtual Family Night Concert and Letter Jacket presentation 7:00pm