What's the Buzz?!?
February 7, 2016
A big thanks to Julie for not only organizing the service project, but also for putting on a beautiful Preview Breakfast. We all know how important our enrollment is to the sustainability of our school, our mission, and our own personal jobs. Julie painted a beautiful picture of our school for our future falcon families and executed a flawless morning full of information, food, and personal testimony. Julie works hard behind the scenes to always make sure that we are properly marketed and always evolving with best practices to make our school a satiable choice for new families. THANK YOU JULIE!
A special thanks also goes out to Colleen for planning the FOP on Monday, to Nicole for securing Elec Simon for the student assembly on Wednesday and to Kathy Ott for helping to plan the whole week and facilitate all activities.
I appreciate your patience, care and concern for me this week as my body adjusted to the Elementary world and all of the germs floating around :) Your well wishes and all of your kind words did the trick and I am finally feeling better!
This year Stephanie Griffin has taken on a new and exciting challenge in her life as she is completing course work to become an administrator. Many of the tasks she is charged with completing (both this year and next) fall along the lines of observations of mentee teachers, leading faculty meetings and retreats, exploring the procedural practices of the school, and a plethora of other activities. This is quite a lofty task while still managing the day to day of being a teacher. I'd like to thank her for stepping up to the plate a running Tuesday's faculty meeting!
5 Minutes for Faith
Please use the link to below to read what Pope Francis says we should give up for Lent. It is an easy read and something I think we can all benefit from. Here is a quote from the article that gives a glimpse into his suggestion:
In his annual Lenten message, the pope writes, “Indifference to our neighbor and to God also represents a real temptation for us Christians. Each year during Lent we need to hear once more the voice of the prophets who cry out and trouble our conscience.”
**This link below is from Fr. Bline and is for the Kiddos :)**
A look ahead..
- TESTING BEGINS THIS WEEK! An important reminder: YOU MUST BRING ALL TESTING SUPPLIES BACK TO THE OFFICE IN THEIR BOXES AFTER EACH TESTING PERIOD IS OVER. You may designate one student to bring the box with your class' materials down. If you have any questions regarding the testing days please do not hesitate to ask Mallory or myself. Thank you to the specials teachers who have rearranged their schedules each testing day to help with the testing of our special needs students. Please remember that on testing days ALL SPECIALS ARE CANCELED until 11:26.
- Please remember that Wednesday is Ash Wednesday. We will have Mass on Wednesday this week in place of Friday. Please check the schedule that was attached to last week's "What's the Buzz" for information regarding specials classes.
- Please check the Sign Up Genius link on the homepage of the website to see which families have scheduled a conference for Thursday evening. Conferences will be held from 3:30 pm-7:00 pm. I ask that each teacher remain in the building until 7:00 pm. I will order pizza for dinner.
- We will begin our inservice on Friday, February 12 at 8:30 am with a light breakfast and prayer. Please plan on Friday being a full day with dismissal at 3:00 pm.
- We will enjoy Monday off! Our first Stations of the Cross will take place on Tuesday, February 16. Other dates for Stations will be February 22 & 29, March 7 & 14, with Living Stations beginning on March 21st. Please be in the church by 2:20 pm on these dates.
IMPORTANT: I have noticed a significant amount of noise during transition time in the K/1 hallway by all grades. I ask that you please have a conversation with your students directly following announcements tomorrow to remind them that testing will be taking place at all different times and about the need to be respectful of that while they are transitioning to Music, Computer, or Recess. Additionally, that this will be a practice that should continue even after testing is over. Our Kindergarten, Pre-school, Pre-K, and 1st graders are doing important work and I want to protect the integrity of what is going on in the classroom down there. Thank you for your help with this!!