I am sending this out a day late this week because there are some important items for tomorrow that I wanted people to remember. It is a busy time of year and due dates (and pieces of communication) tend to slip by. It happens to all of us!
First up? Please do not forget about the Fulcrum Scholarship Deadline that is tomorrow. Ms. Nina has been reaching out to remind people, send info, and assist with completing applications and uploading forms. Thank you, Ms. Nina. This is a critical source of financial assistance for our families (and the school) and is what makes our mission to educate all children possible. If you still need help, time is running out, so contact Ms. Nina TODAY or TOMORROW! Remember, if you do not need any financial assistance for next year, you do not need to apply. More info about the application process is below.
The other important items for tomorrow are coming in the mail (or in your child's back-pack if you have a student in Pre-K or K). These two items are the report cards for Trimester 1 and your volunteer hours report for Trimester 1. Please review both and let us know if you have any questions. With progress reports and conferences just a few weeks ago, the report cards should be what you expect, but don't hesitate to reach out to the teacher with any questions. We are all happy to help. With respect to the volunteer hours reports, we are only reporting what has been logged in the system. If you have hours that have not been logged, do not worry...they can be added. If you need hours for this year, don't worry either. We have a lot of opportunities (see information below). Thank you to those who have been helping out at the school with cleaning and in the library. We appreciate the help!!
We have one more week of school before the break. I know that the remote learning for grades 1 - 8 is not ideal, but thank you for all you are doing to support your child/ren. With the level of community spread (even in our own community), it is much safer to be remote for this short period. We have had a couple of people in our school community who have gotten COVID in the last 2 weeks and they have been VERY sick (including hospital stays). So, please take care of yourself and your family and do your best to stay safe during the holidays.
One last thing...If you can, please join us for the last mass before the break. It will be next Thursday at 11 am in the church. Pre-K and K will be in attendance. We will all be masked up and socially distant! It is still nice being together for mass, though. It was wonderful celebrating the Feast of the Immaculate Conception with the little ones this week...in our own church!! They were fantastic.
Have a blessed and safe rest of your week and keep an eye out for those report cards and volunteer forms in the mail.
Feast of the Immaculate Conception
- Thurs, Dec. 10th - Tuition is Due TODAY (Unless on FACTS)
- Fri, Dec. 11th - Report Cards and Volunteer Hours Mailed Home, Fulcrum Applications DUE (with docs uploaded)
- Sat, Dec. 12th - Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Thurs, Dec. 17th - School Mass at 11 am - All are Welcome
- Fri, Dec. 18th - Noon Dismissal
- Mon, Dec. 21st - Fri, Jan. 1st - No School
- Mon, Jan. 4th - Pre-K and K return in person and 1st - 8th grade return to remote instruction
- Mon, Jan. 11th - Online Virtus training for volunteers. Sign up at virtus.org
- Mon, Jan. 18th - No School for Dr. MLK, Jr. Day
- Tues, Jan. 19th - Return to In Person Instruction/Hybrid for 1 - 8
Volunteer Hours...How Do I Get Those??
Volunteer Hour Ideas:
- Bring your child/ren to any Catholic church in their school uniform. This is not only a wonderful way to encourage families to attend mass, but it is a great way to market our school. For each time your family attends mass with kids in uniform, you will receive 2 volunteer hours. Just record them on the sheet or on the website. NOTE: Weekend masses at St. Martin of Tours are in the gym at 9 and 10 am on Sunday. Your are always welcome!
- Volunteer to procure items for our auction or find another way to support our annual auction. This year, we will be combining our annual gala and auction, so the support is needed more than ever. Just contact Sarah McKinney at email@example.com to ask how you can help.
- Cleaning in the school or around the grounds. We always need help with keeping things clean and tidy. If you have time, you can arrange to volunteer to help Ms. Lucia or Ms. Lizbeth with cleaning or you can pull weeds around the campus. Just contact the front office at firstname.lastname@example.org and let Ms. Nina know how you would like to help.
- Helping with the spring fundraiser. Ms. Nina will be arranging our spring fundraiser event on the campus. In the past, we have done read-a-thons and walk-a-thons, we are looking at an event that will be much more exciting this year, but we will need your help to make it a success. If you would like more info, contact Ms. Nina. She will be putting together a small committee to assist her.
- Help us market our school. Know of an event coming up? Arrange to hand out marketing flyers for Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy. Sarah McKinney has them, so just contact her. Community word of mouth is critical for building our enrollment.
- Are you good with researching and writing grants? Spend some time researching grant opportunities and work with us to apply for them. Grants are a big part of our annual budget so we love to access new ones! If you can do this, contact Ms. Dempsey at email@example.com.
- What talents do you have? Do not hesitate to share them with us. When you do/share something you love, it doesn't feel like a chore. So, share your passion with our community. We LOVE it!
LAST CALL! Tuition Assistance Grants for 2021-22
- Click on the following link: https://online.factsmgt.com (either enter your acct or create a new one)
- All applications must be received AND verified (with all necessary tax and other documents uploaded and received by Fulcrum) by Dec. 11th.
- Tax returns or W2s are required to verify applications
- Please include all expenses because this helps to qualify you against your income
- Notifications will be made in late Feb or early March.
- The amount for each child who qualifies is $1300 for the school year
- The processing fee for the application is $29 and must be paid to complete the process
- Whether you think you will qualify or not, you MUST apply in order to request ANY financial assistance through the school for the 2021-22 school year.
- Don't miss the deadline!
- Please, please, please contact Ms. Nina with ANY questions. We are here to help!!
The Food Bank Needs You!
- Hot chocolate
- Pies (purchased from the store)
- Pancake mix and syrup
- Canned Yams
- Canned olives
- Salad dressings
- Cookie/cakes/brownie (boxed)
- Cake frostings
Just swing through the food bank line on Monday or Tuesday from 9 am - 1 pm to drop them off directly or you can drop them off at our office Mon - Fri from 7:30 am - 3:30 pm and we will get them to the food bank. Please have all items in by Tuesday, Dec. 15th for Christmas distribution.