The Stratford Chefs School
Job Postings | September 14 to 20, 2015
To see all positions available, please be sure to scroll through the entire message.
Job Posting | Cater Chef | Mississauga, ON
Name of Business:
Culinary Search Group
Contact Phone Number:
Cater Chef Needed
Looking for 2 chefs to work an event on September 12th in Bayfield, ontario! 3:00pm-11:30 pm MUST HAVE YOUR OWN VEHICLE Will be compensated for your travel! $15-22/hour If interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Bayfield Chef"
September 12, 2015
Job Posting | Sous Chef - Permanent Full Time with Benefits| Toronto, ON
Name of Business:
Donalda Golf & Country Club
12 Bushbury Drive
Sous Chef - Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Donalda Golf & Country Club, founded in 1960, is a prestigious year round private club that offers a high standard of social, athletic and dining facilities to our members and their families. We are located in central Toronto.
We are seeking a passionate self-motivated leader to join our dynamic kitchen brigade as Sous Chef. This is a permanent full time position with benefits that must be able to work flexible shifts which include evenings, weekends and holidays. This position provides the qualified candidate long term growth opportunities within a highly respected private club.
If you are a passionate individual with an eye for detail and have a creative flair for cooking, we would love to have you be a part of the Donalda team! We are always seeking to integrate the latest cooking trends and techniques whilst offering our membership an exceptionally unforgettable dining experience every time they dine at the club.
So what is your passion? Please "Apply Online" at www.donaldaclub.ca under the employment page and tell us how you can contribute to our team’s success.
The Sous Chef is expected to uphold the standards of excellence as defined by the Executive Chef by; preparing foods, based on standardized or common recipes, for member and guest consumption; managing the kitchen in co-operation with or in the absence of the Executive Chef; assisting in the management of kitchen employees; assisting in the creation of menus; assisting in the setup and dismantling of buffets; assisting in the plating of foods for restaurant, banquet and buffet service; assisting in the putting away of food and non-food deliveries, assisting in the taking of monthly inventory, maintaining Toronto Public Health procedures and standards of sanitation; maintaining all safety standards and performing sundry duties as required.
To fulfill all duties required in the absence of the Executive Chef. Assume total supervision of Kitchen employees in conjunction with their normal duties. Ensure that in the absence of the Executive Chef that total communication within the department, Senior Management and Department Heads is adhered to at all times.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Post-secondary education in the culinary field required
- A minimum of 5 years of cooking experience required with 2 years minimum experience in the role of Sous Chef in a comparable Food & Beverage operation
- Canadian Red Seal or Over Seas Equivalent required
- Current Food Handling Certification is required.
- Must be able to read, write & speak English fluently
- Must be knowledgeable in food cost and labour cost control
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- Pleasant, positive and a responsive manner.
- To be able to coach, train, counsel and encourage Kitchen & Food & Beverage employees.
- Able to exercise progressive discipline where necessary.
- Ability to promote and instill kitchen policy
- Basic knowledge of computers, including Word, Excel is required
- Ability to cope with extreme pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to do strenuous physical labour
- Must ensure the kitchens adhere to sanitation guidelines on a daily basis.
- Must be available for all shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Post-Secondary Education in F&B certificate
- Red Seal Certification required
- CPR and First Aid Certification is preferred
Those individuals, who are interested in applying, please complete the Online Application form on our website at www.donaldaclub.ca.
No telephone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for an interview.
Donalda Club is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process
Year Round - Full Time