Bonny Slope Elementary
June 2, 2022
See below for day-of JAT details and upcoming key dates to celebrate these kids.
- You can donate up until June 9th.
- JAT Day-Of Details: June 3rd
- Spectating: If you are not volunteering, you can watch your child from the parking lot side of the field fence during their designated slot.
- JAT Run Times: See below for times.
- If you have it available, remember to wear your class color. See below for the list.
- Have your child(ren) wear tennis shoes and bring their water bottle.
- We still have a few volunteer slots available (this is the only way you can join the fun on the field): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050848a9aa2aa4fc1-spring22
- Prizes & dates:
- 80% class participation: Classroom donut party June 16th (during school hours)
- 80% SCHOOL participation: Grade-divided dance parties during each respective recess June 16th
- Top earner (most money raised): Family fun night at Defy!
- Top lapper (most laps ran): There will be multiple winners, as we expect to have ties. The prize possibilities are a family fun night at Kingpins, one of TWO Skyhook passes for the family, gift cards to Picolo Mondo, and more! If there are more top lappers than prizes, we will choose randomly from the whole set of top lappers.
- $50+ individual fundraising: Pop-It keychain
- $150+ individual fundraising: Ice Cream party June 15th @ 2:30pm
- $300+ individual fundraising: Play Fit Fun event outside at the school Saturday, June 18th
Your 2022 JAT Team
Dates To Remember
6/6 Return OHSU Test samples
6/10 Field Day
6/13 Return OHSU Test samples
6/15-6/17 *End of Year Parties (1 hour)
6/17 *Fifth Grade Send Off Party 12-3pm
6/20 Juneteenth Holiday6/21 Last Day for All Students-Early Release day (1:05 dismissal)
You can also view up to date calendar information in Parent Square.
PRINCIPAL AND VICE PRINCIPAL'S MESSAGE
Bonny Slope Families,
We are excited to bringing back two long cherished events to Bonny Slope in the coming weeks. It’s starting to feel more “normal” with these events.
The first is the Bonny Slope Jog-a-Thon, which is happening tomorrow! Please make sure that your students come appropriately attired for the event. Additionally, students will be outside for about a half hour during this time, so please consider sunscreen as well. We don’t want any sunburns from our fundraiser!
The second event is happening the following Friday, which is Field Day. Students will be outside for two hours participating in a wide variety of events. Like the Jog-a-Thon, please make sure your students are appropriately attired and they may need sunscreen as well. To ease water fountain use, we also encourage students to bring water bottles on that day (please label with your student's name).
We are receiving questions about parents coming just to watch these events. If you are not volunteering and just watching, please stand along the chain link fence that borders our field, for safety considerations, and you can cheer our students along.
Thanks for all that you for us during this time of year!
Janet Maza and Jim Hiller
Cedar Mill Summer Library Reading
The Cedar Mill & Bethany Library May K-5 Newsletter is here- we have Summer Reading program information, new booklists, and info on upcoming events for all ages!
Youth Services Librarian
Summer Food Service
This summer, children can access free breakfasts and lunches through the federally-funded Summer Food Service Program sponsored by the BSD Nutrition Services Department. All children, ages 1 through 18 years, are eligible. There is no application or registration required. Children must be present and eat all meals on-site. Adults are welcome to purchase and enjoy a meal with their children. Breakfast is $2.75 and lunch is $4.75.
For more information, up-to-date serving times and a map of Summer Meal Service sites, visit the Summer Meal Service webpage.
School Supply lists are out for next school year (2022-2023). You can find lists on our website here:
You may also order online thru Schoolhouse Supplies Online and have supplies delivered to your student's classroom in the fall.
Lost and Found
Please stop by the front of the school to search for lost items:
Friday, June 3rd
Friday, June 10th
Friday, June 17th or
Tuesday, June 21st
All of our lost and found will be out front these days for everyone to search. Any items remaining after school is out will be donated to the Beaverton Clothes Closet.
Bonny Slope Elementary
Principal: Janet Maza
Assistant Principal: Jim HIller
11775 NW McDaniel Rd.
Portland, OR 97229