Chapman Chargers Update
Good Afternoon Chapman Families!
Here are some important announcements for this weekend:
The Valentine's Party that was scheduled for this evening is POSTPONED. PTO is looking to reschedule. More information on this will be coming your way soon!
Kids Against Hunger for third, fourth and fifth graders, is still scheduled for tomorrow, 2/2/19. See attached documents below. Please read the Adult Guidelines and then the attachment specific to the grade level of your child. With all the snow days, many have not had the opportunity to submit their money or permission slip. Just bring both of these with you!
Kids Heart Challenge (formally Jump rope for Heart) starts 2/11/19. Contact Mrs. Kozicki for more information.
* If your child is registered at Champions, they have a snow day option! Please contact them for more information.
* Starting Monday 1/28/19, Champions will be starting a Sewing Club! ANY student can sign up for this club. Contact Champions for more information.
* Starting Friday 2/1/19, Champions will be starting a Science Club! Again, any student can sign up for this club through Champions!
Call Champions at (734) 379-6383 for more information.
PTO VALENTINES PARTY- Postponed
To put on these fabulous events for our students, it takes many volunteers! Please think about joining us and helping us for this great event. Sign up link below
February food menu is attached at the bottom of the newsletter!
* Please make sure that all students have coats (Boots and Snow pants too!) when they come to school! We are in that transition of cold weather and I would hate to have students miss a needed recess because they are not dressed appropriately. If your child is in need of a coat, please contact me and I will make sure that they have one. It is also a good idea to pack extra socks and an extra set of clothes in backpacks in case students get wet playing in the snow.
This Week's Schedule:
Running Club 8 AM
Bible Study Release
Running Club 8 AM
Please be patient and pull as far forward as possible in the carpool line. BOTH doors are open for students to enter the building. Please remember for your safety and the safety of the students to please only get out on the curb side of the car. If you have to get out of the car for any reason please park in the parking lot to do so. Please stay in line in carpool and do not cut around. This is for the safety of the families that are crossing the carpool lane. I appreciate all the great work and how smoothly the morning drop off procedures are going! Well done!
* Watchdogs are up and running! If you would like to volunteer to be a Watchdog, please go to this link to sign up! Thank you in advance to all of our Watchdogs!
* It is that time a year where we have to be very careful about sending our students to school when they are not feeling well. Remember that students should be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us and we can help in making a decision.
* Please like our Facebook page Chapman Elementary (SEARCH FOR @GSDChapman on Facebook or follow this link https://www.facebook.com/pg/GSDChapman/services/?ref=page_internal ) and follow us on Twitter @guizzettil and #GSDChapman. This is a great way to stay informed of school happenings throughout the year.
Count On Me,
Principal, Chapman Elementary