Are we addicted to technology?
How will this effect us in years to come?
How many times do you check your phone a day?
According to figures collected by a screen lock app, the average person checks their phone 110 times a day.
During peak times this equates to once every six or seven seconds, with some users unlocking their devices up to 900 times over the course of a day, which in reality is around 18 hours.
Signs that you're addicted
- Do you panic when you’ve misplaced your phone?
- Are you on your phone during social situations or in the presence of family?
- Do you carry your smartphone everywhere, even to the bathroom?
- Do you go to sleep and wake up looking at your phone?http://www.komonews.com/seattlerefined/lifestyle/4-Signs-Youre-Addicted-To-Your-Cell-Phone--and-4-Ways-To-Recover-267820961.html
Each morning I wake up, the first thing I do is check Facebook. It's the last thing I do before I go to bed, and when I don't feel up to work at school, It's what I do all day.
"I just looked at my phone to appear less lonely"
- Businesses that use social media to gain new business and the most cutting edge machines to produce goods are much more likely to thrive than those who do not take advantage of what technology has to offer.
- Education is yet another area where technology is having a major impact. Students can find almost any academic material or answer to a research question just by using online resources or academic databases.