Extra! Extra! Hear all about it!
Mayor Stoll has been voted into office for Alaynaville. During her campaign she pushed the idea of converting Alaynaville into a city that uses Alternative Energy instead of Nonrenewable Resources. Please read further to learn more about why Alaynaville should use Solar Energy rather than oil, coal, and natural gasses.
What is Solar Power?
Solar Power is power that takes the heat and light from the sun and converts it into electric energy using tools like solar panels. This is a renewable resource because we can count on the sun to provide endless light and heat and do not have to worry about it running out in our lifetime. Solar power can be used to power houses, businesses, and even cars!
What are the pros and cons of using Solar Energy?
- Solar energy is clean. It does not produce any dangerous side effects or negative consequences.
- Solar energy can power places that power lines cannot reach. Because solar energy uses the sun, it can be placed in areas that do not have power lines close by, like out in the country, or in the woods.
- Solar Panels last a long time. Solar Panels will last 20-25 years once they are installed. They also do not require a lot of maintenance.
- Solar power does not produce any disturbing noises and will not be noisy or annoying.
- Solar panels can be expensive to buy. When you first install them into your home or business it may cost you a lot of money at first.
- Solar panels are also large. They take up a lot of room and this can pose a problem if you have a small house or do not have the room to install a lot of them.
- Solar panels can be effected if there is pollution in the area. This can cause some difficulties in the amount of solar energy that is gathered.
- Solar panels can only recharge during the day when the sun is shining. It does not collect heat and light at night or when there is cloudy or bad weather.