Point Of Currency Project
1. Find the midpoint using the midpoint formula for each line.
2. Find the slope of each line.
3. Find the negative receptacle of each slope to have your slopes for the perpendicular bisectors.
4. Now that we have a slope and an ordered pair of the perpendicular bisectors ( the midpoints), we can find the equation of the lines! Substitute what you already know into slope intercept form and solve for b. You then will have the equation for the line.
5. Now that we have equations for all the perpendicular, we can now find the cimcumcenter of the triangle. Put two of your slope intercept equations in an equation and solve for X.
6.Once you have the value of X, plug that into a slope intercept formula to solve for Y.
7. Once you have found Y, you have an ordered pair! This is your circumcenter.
Perpendicular Bisector Visual Display
made with notability
This is the work I completed to find the Circumcenter!