Grade 2 News
Newsletter #2: How we Organize Ourselves
UOI 4: How we Organize Ourselves
How We Organize Ourselves
We make economic choices to satisfy our needs and wants
Responsibility, Causation, Connection
Consequences, Economy, Cause and Effect, Scarcity, Producers, Consumers, Technology, Money
Lines of Inquiry
§ (Responsibility) Responsible economic decision making
§ (Causation) Markets made up of Producers and Consumers
§ (Connection)? How technology influences the economy
My, Oh, My, we have been busy!!
Math- Money and Graphing
- Creating picture graphs and bar graphs
- adding and subtracting money values and amounts
- solving word problems involving money
- Developing questions about a set of data
We are continuing to work with:
- Solving word problems when comparing information on graphs.
- Adding and subtracting larger money amounts
- Estimating and measuring length with standard and non standard units of measurment
English Language Arts
- Prefixes and suffixes
- Using text features to better understand a text
- Writing to the prompt: If I had $100.....
Students will continue to work on:
- Asking and answering questions like How, What, Why, Who, Where, When when they are reading a text.
- Exploring how our money choices impact us through writing about our experiences
- Editing our writing from : If I had $100... and creating a classroom book!
Science: Solids and Liquids
- What happens to cause matter to change states
- What can be cooled to cause a change in matter
- What can be heated to cause a change in matter
- Is all change in matter reversible?
What to expect next......
- Discovery Day (March 15) Invite your friends!
- Student led conferences (March 27-29) Sign up sheet will be released soon
- Report Cards published to Managebac (March 31)
- Spring Break (April 3-14)
- Maps testing Session Begins (April 24)