February 17, 2023
What a Great Week!
This week was so full of fun and learning! I hope your child made some great memories. With the delivery of iPads to our Kindergarten and 1st grade classes (paid for from MISD bond funds), Valentine's Day friendship activities, the Discovery Domes from the Houston Museum of Natural Science (paid for from MISD Education Foundation grant), Writing Boot Camp, and Literacy Night, there was a LOT going on at LES! Be sure to check out our social media pages to see pictures of all the excitement. At Lincoln, our mission is to provide high levels of learning for every student every day. I can say that without a doubt, our staff came through this week. If a particular staff member made a difference for your child this week, be sure to give them a shout out to let them know that you noticed!
Results from Last Week's 1-Question Parent Survey:
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at email@example.com. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 450
*Welcome new students Ryleigh C., Lillith C., and Oktober R!*
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-January: 93.9% (2,733 absences)
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 1/30-2/3: 93.9%
- 2/6-2/10: 93.5%
- 2/13-2/16: 94.5%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate (Over 95%) for the Week of 2/13-2/16:
- Mrs. Torman: 100%
- Ms. Ott: 98.6%
- Mrs. Hochhauser: 97.9%
- Mrs. Herzog: 97.6%
- Mrs. Lehmann: 97.6%
- Mrs. Moore: 97.4%
- Mrs. Veillon: 97.4%
- Mrs. Bush: 97.2%
- Mrs. McClain: 96.3%
- Ms. Jones: 96.1%
- Mrs. Shaver: 95.8%
- Mrs. White: 95.8%
- Ms. Haralson: 95.3%
- Mrs. Hensley: 95.2%
Staff Shout Outs
- No School
- Progress Reports Released in Skyward.
- Click here for document to show how to access your child's progress report.
- 5th Grade Field Trip
- 9:00 AM Virtual Principal-Parent Safety Committee Meeting (Focus on Reunification Process)
- Click here for the link to the meeting. Enter "Safety" as the pass code.
- Campus Advisory Committee 4:15 PM (Virtual)
- Click here for the link to the Campus Advisory Committee. Enter "Lincoln" as the pass code.
- PTO - My Hero & Me Dance 6:00-8:00 pm in the Gym
- Deadline for video auditions for district production of James and the Giant Peach (Click here for audition form)
- 3/2 - Read Across America Day
- 3/3 - PTO Meeting
- 3/6-3/10 - Career Week
- 3/7 - 2nd Grade Program (6:00 p.m.)
- 3/9 - Spring Picture Day
- 3/9 - District GT Showcase
- 3/10 - Field Day
- 3/10 - End of 3rd Quarter
- 3/13-3/17 - Spring Break
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700