November/ December 2019
Dates to Remember
- November 11-Veterans Day NO SCHOOL
- November 12-Celebration of Veterans in classrooms
- November 27, 28, 29-Thanksgiving Break NO SCHOOL
- December 23 through January 3-Winter Break NO SCHOOL
Title I Parent and Family Engagement Night
Please join us on Wednesday, November 20 at 5:30 pm for our Title I Parent and Family Engagement Night. We are going to review our Hofstetter Parent and Family Engagement Policy and Plan. We invite your input. Staff will also present how parents can best monitor their child's academic progress and successfully communicate and work with staff. Finally, a team of second grade teachers will present an overview of Washington State Math Standards and mathematical practices.
After School Pick-Up
After school pick-up is running smoothly. Thanks to our parents for helping us maintain organization and, most importantly, safety. Our neighborhood homeowners appreciate you being courteous to the neighborhood by not blocking driveways and not walking through yards and private property. Our number of students being picked-up rather than walking or busing continues to climb; therefore, family cooperation with pick-up guidelines is essential.
- Vehicle line-up for pick-up is on 6th street. Vehicles need to pull over to the far right of the street being careful to not block through streets and private driveways. The line gets very long, but our staff is fast and efficient with the pick-up process.
- Staff will assist students getting into vehicles. There is no need for parents to get out of their vehicles.
- For families choosing to walk to pick-up their children-Hofstetter Street, 7th Street and the upper school parking lot are available for parking while parents walk to the front of the school to pick up students. Please do not park in the front parking lot as this congests and slows down the pick-up proces.
- For walk-up pick-ups please wait until a staff member sends your child to you and makes eye contact with you. Do not enter the crowd of students to get a child.
Lost and Found
Already, Hofstetter's Lost and Found Wall is overflowing. Please help us get items back to kids by labeling all coats, jackets and snow clothes. If items are labeled, Hofstetter Staff will return the items to their owners. Any non-labeled items left at the end of each month are donated.
Hofstetter Family Technology Night
Join us for a 1 hour session designed to empower families to interact with technology in a safe and developmentally appropriate way.
December 3, 2019
Hofstetter Elementary School Library
Hofstetter Elementary and the State Report Card
Check out Hofstetter Elementary on the State Report Card. Go to the following link and type in Hofstetter. The report card gives families information about how their child's school is performing.