Guides GO Outdoors - New Badge
New challenge badge for 2016
Who can earn the badge?
- Any member, youth or adult!
How is the badge earned?
- Guides aged 5-9 years old complete 1 challenge from each of the 4 elements plus one of their choice. The badge can be received after the completion of 3 challenges
- Guides aged 9-17 years old and adults complete 2 challenges from each of the 4 elements plus one of their choice. The badge can be received after the completion of 5 challenges
Can the challenges be completed in groups?
- Completing the activities in patrols or as a unit is encouraged, but some challenges may be more individual in nature
A lot of the challenges require sharing, what are
some different ways of doing this?
- Social Media
- Interpretative dance
Where can I purchase the badge?
- From your State Girl Guide Shop
Where is the badge worn?
- On the sash, on the back towards the top, until the end of 2016
- No sash? On your camp blanket, book bag, camp hat …
Still enjoying the outdoors?
- For an extra challenge, achieve the Outdoors Explore a Challenge or an Adventure, Boating, Camping or Outdoors Achieve a Challenge Trefoil (above what you already hold) during 2016
Links to the badge activities and some other outdoor resources
In addition Lets Go Outdoors is a resource you can use to help plan outdoors themed meetings as part of your programming for this badge or just as part of your regular programming.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the ROAC at email@example.com