InTheLoop @Lumberton BCS
Week of November 16, 2015
Editor Miss Debbie O'Brien, "Carpe Diem!"
This week's Teaching Tool
1. CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR ANTI-BULLYING CONTEST WINNERS! SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS!
2. Smitty's is offering Harvest Feast leftovers for $2 a plate today! Also, all pie orders are due today.
3. Basketball tryouts will be held today during 7th 8th and 9th periods. The requirements for attending try-outs are a sports physical that has been turned in to nurse Rowe in advance, at least a C average in every class, excellent behavior and an exemplary attitude.
4. New, updated PLC's will officially begin on Wednesday, December 2. Stay tuned for details!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR
RAHVION JAMES- FIRST PLACE WINNER!
ARMANDO MIRANDA AND OMYRA SALDANA- SECOND PLACE WINNERS!
POSTER CONTEST WINNERS!
HALEY HUGHES- THIRD PLACE WINNER!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
THE SUNSHINE CLUB IS BACK
Culinary Arts Corner
Week of December 1
Soup – cream of potato or vegetable
Salad- garden salad with tuna salad
Tuesday – hot roast beef on a Kaiser with provolone and horseradish sauce served with fries and a pickle
Wednesday- meat ball parmesan over penne pasta and garlic bread
Thursday- Rueben’s and fries
Friday- turkey club wrap with chips and a pickle
Desserts – assorted cookies and cheesecake
The Culinary Arts Thanksgiving Pie Sale is Happening NOW!
Six Dollars a Pie.
Deadline to place orders is November TODAY!
Pick up your order on November 25th.
Pies available: Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, Apple (Lattice Top or Crumb Topping) and Cherry Crumb
Fill out an order form today!
We will be closed the remainder of November to do the Harvest Feast and then the Thanksgiving pie sale.
Friendly Reminders on Incident Reporting:
* For Incident reports: In the subject line, include the student's first initial, last name, and date.
* When signing the report, please sign next to the signature box where you type your name.
*Incident reports are legal documents, and have the potential to become court documents. Please remember to do a spelling and grammar check.
*Submit incident reports by 2:30pm.
* Stick to the facts.
*Our suspension list is now on the Message Board. If a student is suspended, teachers will mark the student as absent, and the office will take care of marking it as a suspension.
*ABC Program: Students who wish to cash in their vouchers for fries in Smitty's Café will have to follow the procedure for requesting a meal (i.e. utilizing a voucher, getting approval and scheduling with Ms. Heather in advance).
Attendance - Books - Conduct
Challenge and expect more
Your students need to feel like their brains hurt when leaving your class. Sort of like when you work muscles in the gym and you become sore. Make the work rigorous!
Why should the students be interested in this lesson/activity or project? Make connections that are relevant to their lives.
This is being done well @Lumberton. We know that this piece is critical to reaching the diverse and unique population of students we serve.