Serving on MLK Day
Help improve the Marvin Gaye Park Community Greening Center
Join us 01/20/14 from 9-3p!
The MLK Day of Service is a part of United We Serve, the President's national call to service initiative. It calls for Americans from all walks of life to work together to provide solutions to our most pressing national problems.
On January 20th, the staff of Washington Parks & People are joining the call by having a service project at the Marvin Gaye Park Community Greening Center located in the 5000 block of Nannie Helen Burroughs Avenue NE (WDC 20019). If you'd like, feel free to contact Rondell Pooler, for more information, at Rondell.Pooler@washingtonparks.net or call (202) 462-7275 ext 25.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Come help us improve Marvin Gaye Park Greening Center in Ward 7
- Remove debris/rubbish from site and surrounding park lands
- Install hoop house and plant cold weather crops
- Remove invasive underbrush
- Organize tools and complete inventory
- Spread wood chips on trails (if available)
- Make signage for vegetable beds, bee hives, rain barrels, trail, tree names for nursery, tree names for planted trees, etc.
- Paint the community board (weather depending)
- Complete painting the front of the storage container (weather depending)
- Organize shed into office space
- Move nursery trees to accommodate expanding gardens