We're Almost There!
August 29, 2017
Hello and Happy August, Cardinals! We are just about there...the start of the next, new, exciting school year. This is just a quick hello to give you a heads up about a few important details and changes for the fall and some things to expect. We look forward to seeing all of your smiling faces next week and hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!
* WELCOME *
* ADMINISTRATIVE CHANGES *
Congratulations to all!
* BRAG BAG *
Cardinals on the Move
The Lawrence High School (LHS) Class of 2018 has its first college acceptance! Senior Mei Li Costa committed to Brown University as one of its three 2018 gymnasts entering in September 2018.
Mei is a level 10 competitive gymnast and has been competing for the past ten years. She is currently co-team captain and practices 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. She qualified for Junior Olympic Nationals four times and placed in the all-around in 2016. Mei was also the NJ State all-around champion in 2015, 16, 17.
* Other Announcements *
Genesis is Opening Tonight!
Through this system you will be able to access student schedules, grades, and other important importation.
Student portals will be opening on Wednesday, August 30th. Student Genesis login information will also be sent to their ltps.info email accounts on Wednesday.
- Agenda drop-off will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the LHS main entrance.
- Activities will begin in the auditorium at 9:00 a.m.
- A pizza lunch will be provided, sponsored by Student Council.
- Students can be picked-up at the main entrance at 1:00 p.m.
Parents/guardians must complete the electronic registration form and permission slip on the LTPS high school webpage.
We look forward to welcoming the class of 2021!
Free & Reduced Meal Program
Free or reduced meal forms are available on the district website (www.ltps.org) under Quick Links on the left of the home page, in the administration building at 2565 Princeton Pike, and at all schools.
If you believe your student(s) is eligible for the free or reduced meal program, a new application must be filled out every school year. Remember to fill out ONE application per household. A “Household Member” is defined as anyone living with you, even if not related, who shares income/expenses.
Students who are currently on the lunch program from last school year will continue to receive free or reduced lunch until October 18th. If a new lunch application is not received by this date, the child will no longer be eligible to continue receiving free or reduced lunch. Questions? Call Peggy Fenerty at (609) 671-5435.
Access the application HERE.
Lawrence High School is excited to offer MySchoolBucks®! This online payment service provides a quick and easy way to add money to your student’s meal account using a credit/debit card or electronic check. You can also view recent purchases, check balances, and set-up low balance alerts for FREE! MySchoolBucks provides:
- Convenience - Available 24/7 on the web or through our mobile app for your smartphone.
- Efficiency - Make payments for all your students, even if they attend different schools within the district. Eliminate the need for your students to take money to school.
- Control - Set low balance alerts, view account activity, recurring/automatic payments & more!
- Flexibility - Make payments using credit/debit cards and electronic checks.
- Security – MySchoolBucks adheres to the highest security standards, including PCI and CISP.
Enrollment is easy:
- Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com and register for a free account.
- Add your students using their school name and student ID.
- Make a payment to your students’ accounts with your credit/debit card or electronic check. (A program fee may apply. You will have the opportunity to review any fees and cancel if you choose, before you are charged.)
If you have any questions, contact MySchoolBucks directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-832-5226.
The LMS/LHS PTO is excited to announce some new changes for the 2017-2018 school year! You can now become a member ONLINE with a few simple clicks! Follow the link HERE to join! While you're there, feel free to explore the PTO's brand new website for information regarding sponsored events, the meeting schedule, and how to sign up as a volunteer!
2017-2018 PTO Board Members
President: Bina Indelicato
VP-1: Michelle Morris | VP-2: Sharon Stoneback
VP-Communications: Wendy Simpson, Janie Hermann & Lindsey Bohra
Recording Secretary: Jayshree Kalwachwala
Treasurer: Susanne Cottone
Athletics Partners with Rider
The Athletics department is partnering with Rider University this year, and all home LHS football games will be broadcast on 107.7 FM, http://www.1077TheBronc.com, and their free Android and iOS apps. Also, listen to The Bronc throughout the year for the “Two-Minute Drill,” which will highlight our athletics programs on a weekly basis!
* ROTATION & BLOCK SCHEDULE *
Check out the September rotation schedule below, as well as this year's block schedule. Please take note, there have been a few changes to the block schedule since last year!
* SEPTEMBER LUNCH MENU *
* SEPTEMBER SAVE-THE-DATES *
- Labor Day - SCHOOLS CLOSED
Tuesday, September 5th
- First Day of School - FULL DAY
Wednesday, September 13th
- Board of Education Meeting - 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, September 21st
- Rosh Hashanah - SCHOOLS CLOSED
Tuesday, September 26th
- Back-to-School Night - 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 27th
- Board of Education Meeting - 6:30 p.m.
* IMPORTANT LINKS *
* JUST FOR FUN *
Words to Live By:
Oysters can actually clean water! They are filter feeders—that is, they obtain nutrients from phytoplankton in the water they take in through their gills. A mature oyster can filter up to 50 gallons of water per day; you can check out oysters' amazing filtering power in a time-lapse video HERE.