Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #30
March 19, 2021
- Friday, March 19- End of Quarter 3
- Week of March 22nd: Read Across America Week (Read Alouds M-Th evenings)
- Thursday, March 25th: PTA General Meeting prior to Read Aloud (7:00pm)
- March 29-April 4- Spring Break. School Resumes Monday, April 5
- Now- April 2nd: Illinois 5Essentials Survey Open
- March 15th-May 25th: ACCESS 2.0 for ELs Assessment Window
- March 15th-May 14th: Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR) Assessment Window (3rd-5th Grade)
- March 15th-May 14th: Illinois Science Assessment (ISA) Window (5th Grade)
- April 17th: Virtual Pinewood Derby (information below)
Board of Education Approves New Freeman Principal
Freeman's Read Across America Week
But wait, there's more!!! Each day for our spirit week we invite you to dress up according to the daily theme. Take a picture of you participating in the daily spirit theme and post it to SeeSaw or on the Freeman Facebook page. Just a reminder to please only take pictures of your own students to share on Seesaw or on Facebook.
All evening read alouds will be start at 7pm on zoom
Here is the zoom meeting information:
Zoom ID: 507 456 9864
Warmer Weather- Playground Usage
Also, for the safety of our students, we do ask that no non-Freeman students or families are on the playground while our students are on during their instructional day. This includes our PreK classes who are outside in the morning and at the end of the day (their dismissal time is after K-5 students) as well as during the recess timeframe. If the playground is free during school hours, you are welcome to play on it.
Please call the office with any questions at 630-301-5002.
Information on State Assessments
- ACCESS for ELs (for English Language Learner students)
- Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR) (3rd-5th grade)
- Illinois Science Assessment (ISA) (5th grade)
- ACCESS for ELs testing will start the week of March 15th and students will participate in a total of four assessments over the course of multiple days in the areas of Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Writing. This is for English Language Learner students only.
- Illinois Science Assessment (ISA): 5th Grade students will participate in a total of 3 test sessions over multiple days starting Friday, March 19th.
- Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR): 3rd through 5th grade students will participate in a total of six tests in the areas of Math and English Language Arts. Students will be participating in two tests per day and testing will tentatively begin the week of April 12th.
At this time, the tentative state testing dates are specific to in-person students. We are still working on logistics for virtual learners and will reach out to those families once plans are finalized.
Please make sure students bring their charged Ipad or Chromebook and headphones to school daily.
PTA Needs You!
There are some open positions including President, Vice President and Secretary if anyone is interested in an open position, please email email@example.com
Ready to join our Freeman PTA? Use the following link. It is $6 for individuals and $10 for the family.
Thank you for your support.
Dear SD 129 Families,
The State of Illinois will be providing Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) benefits to every student within West Aurora School District 129. This is because of the district’s participation in the National School Lunch Program’s Community Eligibility Provision (CEP).
The P-EBT program provides food assistance to families by way of a money access card that can be used to purchase food at any participating store. The amount allocated to each student is $6.82 for each day that the student was not able to eat in a West Aurora building during the 2020-21 school year. More detailed information about the P-EBT program can be found here.
Details about the food benefits for families can be found here in English and Spanish
Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year is NOW OPEN!
Don't forget, if you have a child returning to West Aurora schools, please take a moment to get them registered for next year! This allows us to better plan for how many sections at each grade level we will have. In order to guarantee your home building, please make sure you register by April 1st.
Contact the office if you have any questions at 630-301-5002.
To Register, use this link:
Virtual Lunch Bunch
The virtual lunch bunch will be available to virtual students and students home on their asynchronous day(s). Please see flyer below for dates and times.
Zoom Meeting Information: https://sd129.zoom.us/j/92932398095
Illinois 5Essentials Survey
The survey windown for the statewide Illinois 5Essentials Survey will be closing on April 2nd, 2021. This survey is designed to generate a detailed picture of the inner workings of your child’s school. As a parent, you too will have an opportunity to share your thoughts on the important elements of school effectiveness in a survey about your child’s school. If you have not already completed the survey, we would like to ask you to please take a few moments to do so. To take the survey, please visit the link here: http://survey.5-essentials.org/illinois/survey/parent/ Select “Start here” County: Kane School: Freeman Elementary School Thank you for your participation.
Freeman WILL have a YEARBOOK this year!
Yearbooks for this 2020–2021 school year are on sale now!
1) You can order directly online at Lifetouch (school code: 12943521), OR
2) Use the downloadable version of the ordering flyer (see below)
Families who are unable to participate in an in-person Lifetouch portrait sitting can use "Snaps at Home" to have a portrait picture created with the gray Lifetouch background to be used in the yearbook as well. Click here to get started, lifetouch.com/picture-day-snaps-at-home.
LAST YEAR'S YEARBOOK:
Last year's yearbook can still be picked up in the office!
If you still want a 2019–2020 yearbook, they are available in the office for $20 ea. as well (supply is limited).
If you were on the reserve list to purchase last year's book, your book is waiting for you at the office with your name on it. Just bring the $20!
Pinewood Derby open to ALL Freeman students!
Cub Scout Pack 312 would like to invite every Freeman student to join us for our Virtual Pinewood Derby on Saturday April 17!
This includes every virtual student with a Freeman teacher, no matter what your home school you attend.
If you need a car kit, you can pick up a kit for $5 at the Naperville Scout shop at 4s100 Rt. 59 Naperville, IL 60563, or contact Jen Cresse (text preferred) at 815-793-2674.
We also have some car kits that have been donated if purchasing a car is an issue.
The cars come as a block of wood, and 4 wheels and nails. The challenge is turning it into a car. If you need help turning the wood into a car, the Naperville Scout shop will be hosting a few opportunities to cut the wood into a shape.
More details about how to drop off your car will be coming soon.
Please see attached flier for rules. If your car does not meet the guidelines when you drop it off, we will have help available to get it to work!
Please contact the office at 630-301-5002 to report their absence.