What To Expect In Your Case!
By Taylor Malachowski
The Steps Of A Civil Case
- Hire a lawyer.
- Plaintiff's lawyer files a complaint.
- Court send the defendant a summons to appear in court at a given date and time.
- Then a pretrial conference will take place as a meeting of the parties to an action and their attorneys before the actual courtroom meeting.
- You may have the option of a mediation that is an agreement between the two parties, sometimes through the use of an arbitration.
- Otherwise you will go to trial.
- Both sides will say there pleadings and the plaintiff will have to show a preponderance of evidence to try to win the case.
- A verdict will be made of innocent or guilty.
- If you believe that something went wrong during the trial you may ask for an appeal.