From the Desk of Ms. Clark
March 14, 2019
“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit in me.” Our second graders from both parishes will have received their first rite of reconciliation and the sacrament of penance by the end of the month. It always so nice to witness their excitement for this special sacrament. Congratulations to each of them and thank you to their teachers for preparing them for this special sacrament of grace and mercy.
Each trimester our students participate in this special sacrament. Reconciliation provides them with a chance to reflect on their own lives and the areas they would like to change. They are given the opportunity to heal and resolve with God, themselves, their families, their peers, and their community. As we prepare our students to recognize and confess their sins, we are reminded that children learn what they live.
- If a child lives with criticism, he or she learns to condemn.
- If a child lives with hostility, he or she learns to fight.
- If a child lives with ridicule, he or she learns to be shy.
- If a child lives with shame, he or she learns to feel guilty.
- If a child lives with tolerance, he or she learns to be patient.
- If a child lives with encouragement, he or she learns confidence.
- If a child lives with praise, he or she learns to appreciate.
- If a child lives with fairness, he or she learns justice.
- If a child lives with security, he or she learns to have faith.
- If a child lives with approval, he or she learns to like himself or herself.
- If a child live with acceptance and friendship, he or she learn to find love in the world
Together let us give our children the gift of love, so they will always have enough
love in them to give to others!
We Need Your Help!
- RSVP’s are due on March 22nd so please send in yours as soon as possible. You definitely do not want to miss this fun night.
Also please donate in any way that you can --- small or big ---- to help get the raffle baskets together. If you need help deciding what to donate, our Gala Team has created a sign-up genius to help with ideas
This weekend- we will be selling raffle tickets at all of the Assumption and Saint Bede Parish masses. If you sign up to help, you will receive a free Grand Prize raffle ticket.
With the funds from this year’s gala- we plan to expand our beginner makerspace which is located in our Media Center.
All of this fundraising HELPS BRIDGE THE GAP BETWEEN TUITION DOLLARS AND THE ACTUAL COST OF THE EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES PROVIDED to OUR STUDENTS. Your participation SUPPORTS THE FACULTY, STAFF, FACILITIES, AND PROGRAMS THAT ARE DEDICATED TO HELPING ALL STUDENTS REALIZE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL.
Scholarship and Financial Aid Information
Important information and applications for need-based grants and merit-based scholarships are now available.
Please visit the Scholarships & Financial Aid tab on the AOP Catholic Schools website to access the online applications for the Maguire Scholars Program, Howley Family Foundation Scholarship and all other opportunities available.
Homeroom and Parent Association Fee
Archdiocesan Elementary Choral Festival at Archbishop Wood
We are so proud of our students who are participating in the Archdiocesan Elementary Chorus- Kylah M., Abby K., and Olivia P.
We are also so proud of two of our students who are participating in the Honors Elementary Chorus- Chayse B. and Lily P.
The concert is next Thursday evening at Archbishop Wood High School at 7pm. Tickets are sold at the door for $8. Please come and enjoy the beautiful music of these talented students!
Second Grade Surgeons
You are invited!
Important Dates to Remember
3/15: End of the 2nd Trimester
3/18: 3rd Trimester Begins
3/19: SWAP Shop Event
3/20: 7th Grade High School Visitation Day / Stations of the Cross 2pm
3/21: Rock Your Socks Day
3/22: Terra Nova Testing Begins
3/25-3/29: Terra Nova Testing
3/25: Report Cards Distribution
3/26: Saint Bede's First Reconciliation
3/27: Stations of the Cross 2pm
3/29: SKD Infant / Toddler Playgroup
4/3: Stations of the Cross 2pm
4/4: 8th Grade Retreat Day
4/5: Mass 9am / SKD Gala - Southampton Room