Date: December 8, 2019
Quote of the Week
"The most worth-while thing is to try to put happiness into the lives of others."
It's hard to believe how fast the year has gone by, and that the holiday season is here. It's a time of year where we may be thinking about gifts we need to buy for family and friends or maybe even making a list for ourselves to give loved ones an idea of what we may like during this season of giving. As we look around our building and see the good work that goes on here throughout the year, we see the "gift" you all have in teaching and inspiring others. You have the gift and talent to put happiness and joy into the lives of others everyday. Not many people have that opportunity or gift. You do. Thank you for sharing your gift to the students at Springfield Elementary, not only during the holiday season, but throughout the year. Enjoy and spread joy in the week ahead!
Peter, Sarah, and Aaryn
- Shout Outs: To Mr. Barkley and Mrs. Kendall for taking a third class when we were short a sub twice last week. Thank you! To Mrs. Wyndham for doing a great job with no sub at times last week! To interventionists and office staff for helping covering lunch on Friday!
- Wednesday: We will have a faculty meeting this Wednesday at 2:50. All staff is welcome to attend. There will be a few announcements before a brief PD on "Enjoying and Spreading Joy in our World of Teaching and Learning." For the meeting, bring something to write with and something to write on.
- Winter Celebrations: As discussed in our leadership team meeting, any winter celebrations should be held on Wednesday, December 18. We want to keep this consistent across the school.
- Jeans!!!: As part of your holiday gift, jeans may be worn beginning Wednesday for the remainder of the days before Winter Break. Enjoy!
Robyn DeTraglia, 12/10
- 12/9: Aaryn and Sarah at District Training 8-11:30
- 12/10: ELA PLC's; Peter at District Training 8-11:30; Colts of the Month at 1:40; Rolison's Baby Shower at 2:50; School Board Meeting at 6:00
- 12/11: Mr. Fantone will be visiting with us.; 4th Grade Field Trip; Faculty Meeting at 2:50; SIC Meeting at 6:00
- 12/12: Math PLC's; Elementary Principal's Meeting at 11:30
- 12/13: Mr. Fantone will be visiting with us; December Colts of the Month at 1:45; Spirit Night at Chuck E Cheese
- 12/16: Peter at District Meeting 10-11
- 12/17: PTA Holiday Lunch
- 12/18: Kindergarten Gingerbread Houses at 8:15
- 12/19-1/2: Winter Holiday Break
- 1/3: Teacher Workday