CAHS Staff Connection
November 10, 2014
PLC Meeting 11.12.14
Agenda for the week:
- Housekeeping Items
- Work on cycle reviews
Cycle reviews will be held the weeks of November 19 and 26. Please talk with your PLC administrator if you have questions.
Advisory and Interventions
Blackboard is updated:
- Advisory Lessons for 9th and 10th
- Vocabulary WoW! (Teacher Guide)
- 12th Grade General Plans for November/December/January
Upcoming 9th/10th Advisory Content Lessons:
- November 10-14 – Math (Algebra I /Geometry)
- November 17-21 – English 9/English 10
- November 24-25 - Vocabulary (No content - Thanksgiving Week)
- December 1-5 – SS (US History/Econ or Civics)
- December 8-12– Science (Physical Science or Biology)
- December 15-19 - Math (Algebra I /Geometry)
AAYMPI - Positive Phone Calls and Vocabulary
We are up to 99 Positive Phone calls home (on the Google Drive) in Week 3 of the AAYMPI (African-American Young Men of Promise Initiative)! There are 386 AA-Male students to be called so we are just over 25% of the way there with 3-1/2 weeks to go! Remember to review the list of 1st Session Skill Center students for your 3rd hour students and give them a call as well.
The Vocabulary Initiative is also underway and serves all students - what is good for one group is good for all! Please remember to teach the vocabulary in 9th and 10th grade advisory, as well as implement the vocabulary throughout the week in each content area. Please also incorporate tier 3 words into your instruction. Tier 3 words are vocabulary words that are specific to your content.
The full list and meanings are available on Blackboard - but so far our WoW (Words of the Week) including this weeks words are from Marzano's Vocabulary for the Common Core:
Week of November 17
Week of November 24
Genesee Career Institute (GCI) formerly known as Skill Center
C-A Men's Chorale and The University of Michigan Men's Glee Club
or let me know if you want to be seated as a group. I will be ordering tickets on Friday of this week.
Men’s Glee Club
8:00pm, Hill Auditorium
Eugene Rogers, conductor; Adam Begley, assistant conductor; George Cullinan, pianist; and Andre Dowell, guest percussionist.
The Men’s Glee Club will premiere two new works; Spirit by Greg Simon (winner of the 2013 Brehm Prize in Choral Composition) and Bound for the Promised Land by J. David Moore. Other works include Barber- A stopwatch and an ordnance map; Morales- Circumdederunt; Schubert- Litanei; Handel-Hallelujah, amen; Engelhardt-Gaudete; a South African Freedom Medley and special guest performers from Carman-Ainsworth High School (Faith Yassick, conductor). Reserved seating $18/$15/$5 with U-M student ID
Professional Responsibility for Providing Work to Students
Homecoming Week (a little late)!
Congratulations to our entire Homecoming Court! Homecoming Queen is Diamond Scales and King is Lonnie BeCoats.
- Angela Middleton and Cindy Gunn - E-board Student Council Advisors
- Kathy Waters and Dawn Tubbs - 11th Grade Sponsors
- Sara Standen and Anna Hunt - 12th Grade Sponors
- Matt Young and Karri Forrest - 9th Grade Sponsors
- Candy Thomas and Janet Smith - 10th Grade Sponsors
- Kris Canning and Tom Klee - Pep Assembly (and Game Announcer TOM)
- Jessyca Mathews and 12th Grade Team - Alumni Tailgate
- Ann Giese and Anna Hunt - Homecoming Parade Organizer
- Delynne Miller and Jen Moul and ALL COACHES- Powderpuff Football
- Nate Williams and Varsity Team - Football game
- ALL Staff who participated in any way - dressing up, encouraging students, etc.