Updates and Reminders
Eastview Elementary School - December 3, 2015
Thank you all for your help with the bus dismissal. Things seemed to go much better on Wednesday. I would like to spend a few minutes of our faculty meeting on Monday discussing our dismissal procedures. Please take some time to think of ways we can improve this process. I plan to have the agenda for that meeting sent out by the end of the day Thursday. Feel free to send items for the agenda by that time.
We can still use help with next Thursday's activities. Any and all staff members are more than welcome to help with decorating, running stations, and cleanup. It is going to take a group effort to pull this awesome event off for our kiddos!
Santa's shop will be in our library next week. Please see PTO news below for more details.
Here are some upcoming events.
Monday: Kdg. OS Testing Begins, Faculty Meeting @ 2:45
Tuesday: Head Start Field Trip, Coaching Mtg (Joy, Kate, James) @ 1:00, Student Council Mtg @ 2:45, School BD Mtg @ 6:30,
Wednesday: Decorating for Lit. Night / Christmas Program @ 2:45 (more volunteers are needed)
Thursday: Christmas Program Practice @ 8:10, Literacy Night (4:30-6:00), Christmas Program (1:15 & 6:30), Cookies for Lit Night should be brought in on Thursday morning.
Friday: Mr. Collins here @ 9:00
Thank you all for your support!
Please remember to send change of transportation notes to the office in the am.
Students are to go home their routine way unless there is a phone call or
note to change that.
If a student is adamant there is change, please contact parent before the
end of the day to verify.
- Christmas Program Practice - Thursday, December 10 from 8:10-9:30 (the day of the program)
- Please remember to let both Brenda, and I know if you are going to be out for a sick or personal day. Please do not just put this in Aesop without letting us both know (even if you do not require a sub). An email to both of us is fine.
Holiday Extravaganza (Literacy Night) that is scheduled for Thursday, December 10.
Here are a few details for everyone to know.
· The event is scheduled for 4:30-6:00. The Christmas Program will begin at 6:30.
- Remember to have your safeschools training completed by January.
Please complete the word document for citing domain 1 evidence (emailed separately). Please type your responses and email this back to me by December 4.
Continue to check Lexia and Dreambox usage and make adjustments so kiddos can reach their weekly goals. Please make sure you are logging into your account at least once per week to see what your kiddos are learning.
On the Calendar
*The mid-year assessment for SLOs (grades 3-6) will need to be given the weeks of Nov. 30 and Dec. 7
Dec. 7 - Faculty Meeting @ 2:45
Dec. 8 - Head Start Field Trip
Dec. 10 - Christmas Program Practice @ 8:10, Literacy Night (4:30-6:00), Christmas Program (1:15 & 6:30)
Dec. 16 - RTI meetings during planning times (Katie will be here for grades 3-6!)
Dec. 19 - Christmas Break Begins, Second 9 Weeks Ends
Jan. 4 - School Resumes
Jan. 6 - Reports sent home
Jan 4-15 - NWEA Window
Jan. 11 - Andrew here to meet with 3-6 for Acuity support
January 15 - Midyear Evaluation Forms Completed for all certified staff
Jan. 7 - First Semester Awards Program at 1:00 (K-2) and 1:30 (3-6)
Jan 18-29 - CoGat Testing Window (K,2,4,6)
Feb. 8 - Midterm Date
Feb. 15 - No school for students
Wellness Committee Notes
- The healthy cooking demonstration to be held at Grandview Elementary
- The CHS pool is open for all swimmers each Tuesday and Thursday beginning December 1st.
- Blood pressure screenings during the week of December 14th and most months following the new year
- During the second semester, FCSC will be conducting Yoga and Zumba classes.
- All activities are open to all employees but any prize awards will be distributed to health insurance carriers
- The Corporation Wellness goal is for all employees to participate in at least two activities during the 2015-2016 school year.
The PTO Santa's shop will be held next week. Please send home the letters/envelopes in your mailboxes with students today or tomorrow. There's a sign up sheet in the workroom for a time to visit on Monday. It will be open 10:30-12:30 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and all day on Friday. After Monday, you can just send students down who brought in money. There are extra papers/envelopes on the table in the workroom if needed. If you have any questions, let Julie know.
PTO Meeting - No December Meeting