VAMS Panther Press Newsletter
November 22, 2019
- November 23 - December 1 - Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, December 3 - Winter Night Movie Night 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM (more information below)
- Tuesday, December 3 - 6th Grade Band Rehearsal 3:45 PM - 4:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 4 - UIL Writing Day @ VAMS (for those students on the UIL Writing Team)
- Thursday, December 5 - Progress Reports Go Home
- Thursday, December 5 - VAMS Theatre Arts Show at 6:30 PM in the VAMS Cafeteria. $5 suggested donation. Doors open at 6:00 PM
- Friday, December 6 - Middle School All-Region Band Tryouts in Celina
- Friday, December 6 - Star Card Treat After School
- Friday, December 6 - VAMS Theatre Arts Show at 6:30 PM in the VAMS Cafeteria. $5 suggested donation. Doors open at 6:00 PM
- Saturday, December 7 - Outdoor Adventures Archery Tournament in Lewisville - Good Luck Panthers!
- Monday, December 9 - Quarterly Tests - 6-8 Math, 8 Social Studies, and 6 & 7 ELA
- Tuesday, December 10 - VAMS Hosting 6th - 8th Grade UIL Academic Competition
- Tuesday, December 10 - 6th Grade Band Rehearsal 3:45 PM - 4:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 11 - 6th Grade Social Studies Quarterly Test
- Thursday, December 12 - Quarterly Tests - 6-8 Reading & 6-8 Science
- Thursday, December 12 - House Games 1:15 PM - 3:30 PM
- Thursday, December 12 - VAMS Band Christmas Concert at VAMS at 7:00 PM
- Friday, December 13 - 6th - 8th Grade Winter Dance 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, December 14 - Theatre Arts One Act Play Performance at Princeton High School - Good Luck!!
- Monday, December 16 - VAMS Ugly Christmas Sweater Day
- Monday, December 16 - 7th Grade Social Studies Quarterly Test
- Monday, December 16 - VAISD Board Meeting at 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 17 - VAMS Random Acts of Kindness Day - We encourage our students to spread joy by doing random acts of kindness on our campus. Some ideas are: write a note to someone, give someone a small gift (candy, snack, candy cane, etc.), do something nice for someone. The ideas are endless!
- Tuesday, December 17 - Fundraiser Party & Fundraiser Field Trip
- Tuesday, December 17 - Choir Christmas Concert at VAHS at 7:00 PM
- Friday, December 20 - Star Card Hat Day
- Friday, December 20 - Early Release at 1:35 - Buses will run 2 hours early.
- December 21 - January 6 - Winter Break
- Monday, January 6 - No School - Staff Development Day
Threatre Arts Performances
Winter Night Movie Night
- Tuesday, December 3 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- VAMS Cafeteria
- FREE admission
- Concessions will be available
- Bring a pillow and a blanket
- VAMS students ONLY (parents are welcome to attend)
Girls Basketball - Monday, November 25 @ 4:30 at Howe - 7B, 8B, 7A, 8A
Monday, December 2 @ 4:30 at Home vs. Leonard - 7B, 8B, 7A, 8A
Boys Basketball - Monday, November 25 @ 4:30 at Home vs. Howe - 7B, 8B, 7A, 8A
Monday, December 2 @ 4:30 at Leonard - 7B, 8B, 7A, 8A
Community Service Hour Log
Promoting community service is a goal of VAMS! In order to promote and foster serving our community and others, students can earn a community service award at the end of the year awards assemblies to recognize students who give their time, talents, and hearts.
Find opportunities throughout the school year for your child to work on their community service hours. Make sure your child is documenting their community service time on their hour log.
VAMS Community Service Hour Logs are due on Friday, May 1st.
Click on the link below "VAMS Community Service FAQ Flyer" for more information.
Communication throughout the year
Middle School Website: Click HERE to access the VAMS webpage.
Social Media: Want to see what goes on at VAMS during the week? Want to see pictures of students doing awesome things? Want to see what learning looks like on our campus? Be sure to like us on Facebook, Van Alstyne Middle School, and follow us on Twitter at @vamiddleschool
Digital Newsletter: We email parents a digital campus newsletter every Friday. If you are not currently signed up to receive our weekly newsletter, click HERE.
Grade-level Remind Accounts: Please sign up for the appropriate Remind accounts below to help keep you informed. We also recommend having your child sign up as well. Teachers use Remind to communicate important dates and information.
Volunteer Approval Form
Click the button below to access the Volunteer Approval Form. We appreciate our volunteers!
This is the link to view your child's grades and attendance. Passwords were sent home with progress reports. If you need any help with this process, you may send an email request to email@example.com or call the school office.