The Jaguar Journal
Volume 1 | Issue 3
Dear SFX Family,
Please join us this evening at 7:00 for our first (virtual) Home & School Association meeting of the year. You can use the information in the Home & School Association section below to join the meeting. We will also send a separate email with the Zoom link.
We are aware that there have been a few glitches during dismissal that have caused the line to last a little longer in the afternoon; however, we are still finishing in a relatively short amount of time and need to remember that we are dismissing approximately 350 students. Today we finished in just under 30 minutes! That being said, we are working on a slight change to dismissal that will begin when we return from Labor Day. I will go into more detail at tonight's meeting, and we will send a detailed email later this week. Thank you for continuing to follow all of the rules and procedures!
Here are some important reminders for you to note:
- This Thursday, September 3 is our first 1:30 PM Dismissal Day. There is no after care.
- This coming Monday, September 5 is a school holiday for Labor Day.
- Please complete the following past due forms if you have not done so already:
- Print and Publication Media Release (all students)
- Science Lab Safety Policy (PK4-7) - sent home
- Student Parent Handbook Agreement (all students) - on School News Page in Gradelink
- Family Directory Information (all students) - on School News Page in Gradelink
- Student Emergency Information Form (all students) - on School News Page in Gradelink
Please remember to check the School News page when you log in to Gradelink for important announcements, resources, and links. If you need assistance logging in, please contact Mrs. Liz in the front office.
Have a great week!
May God bless you and keep you,
Jessica A. Dwyer, M.Ed.
St. Francis-Ochsner Partnership
Click here for this week's newsletter from our partners at Ochsner.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Tuesday, September 1 - Home & School Association Virtual Meeting, 7:00 PM
- Thursday, September 3 - 1st Tagging of the 1st Quarter; 1:30 PM Dismissal - NO ASC
- Monday, September 7 - Labor Day; No School
*The revised calendar at a glance can be found on the School News Page of Gradelink.
NOTE: The most up-to-date information is on the school Google calendar.
Home & School News
- The Spirit Shop is operational through the portal, and items will be delivered to your child’s classroom on Wednesdays.
- Tonight's Virtual Meeting Information:
Meeting ID: 846 2601 9427
Arrival & Dismissal Reminders
- Cars must hug the right side of the street to allow for passing traffic.
- Please familiarize yourself with the map so that traffic flows.
- The Betz line may ONLY be entered by turning right from Avenue B or coming down Betz from the east.
- At arrival, students should unbuckle and put masks on while waiting to be checked.
- At dismissal, white name signs must be hung from the rear view mirror and remain up through the entirety of car line. If you need extra, please contact the front office.
- Do not line up for carpool any earlier than 2:50. We need to be minimize the disruption to traffic as much as possible.
In and Around SFX
Men's Club News
Men's Club dues of $50/family are mandatory this year. This enables the Men's Club to be able to continue to support the school and parish in a variety of ways.
We invite everyone to come out and be a part of this great organization!
If you would like more information, please contact the president, Bres Burvant.
Please be sure to log on to the First Bank & Trust Payment Portal and pay your dues.