Daily Faith & Family Formation
Wednesday, April 29th, 2020
Jesus, you are good and wise. I will praise you when I rise.
Jesus, hear this prayer I send. Bless my family and my friends.
Jesus, help my eyes to see all the good you send to me.
Jesus, help my ears to hear calls for help from far and near.
Jesus, help my feet to go in the way that You will show.
Jesus, help my hands to do all things loving, kind, and true.
Jesus, guard me through this day in all I do and all I say.
This Week's Memory Verse - Hebrews 4:12
"The Word of God is living and active sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
I always learn scripture better when I can put music to it. If that sounds like you, too, you can use this music video to help you remember this verse about God's word, the Bible and its use for us today!
Jacob & Esau
- The Biblical account of Jacob and Esau can be found in two parts:
- Genesis 25:19-34 Jacob negotiates Esau's birthright away from him
- Genesis 27 Rebekah helps Jacob take Esau's birthright from Isaac
Supporting Verses for a Faith-Filled Life
- Matthew 6:13 - "And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."
- 1 Corinthians 10:13- "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8), and because He is steadfast, who we are in Him remains the same regardless of circumstances. These statements remind us whose we are and who we are Because of who Jesus is.
Speak these statements together as a family.
Zion Lutheran School
Our Vision: That every child knows Jesus as his or her personal Lord and Savior