Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights - 10/25/2021
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular, in-person meeting on October 25, 2021. Below is a recap of the regular meeting:
- All agenda motions were approved, including an addendum: Agenda and Addendum.
- The Superintendent's Report included a presentation on Summer Extended Learning Opportunities by Mrs. Rebecca Burns, Dr. Michelle Cook, Mr. Mark Masessa, Mrs. Nydia Peak, Mrs. Amy Switkes, and Mrs. Kristen Wolff. The presentation is linked here.
- The Board approved the Emergency Virtual or Remote Instruction Program for the 2021-2022 School Year, linked here.
- An audio recording of the meeting will be made available on our web site here.
Policy & Regulation Update
- P 2425 - Emergency Virtual or Remote Instruction Program (M)
The Board presented the following new policies for a second reading and adoption:
- P 1648.11 - The Road Forward COVID-19 – Health and Safety (M)
- P 1648.11 - The Road Forward COVID-19 – Health and Safety (M) -- Appendices
- P 1648.13 - School Employee Vaccination Requirements (M)
The Board adopted the following revised policy and regulation:
- P 5111 - Eligibility of Resident/Nonresident Students (M)
- R 9270 - Homeschooling and Equivalent Education Outside the Schools (M).
An (M) denotes a state-mandated policy/regulation. All Board-approved policies and regulations are available online here.
Next Meeting - November 8, 2021
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity