2020-2021 Campus Information
- We are asking parents to provide a mask for their child and both cloth and disposable face masks are permissible.
- We will have some masks for extenuating circumstances and all students in PreK-5th grade will be required to wear a mask.
- Castroville will follow district health guidelines. Any medical concerns will be addressed with the campus principal.
- All campus staff are dedicated to teach routines and expectations to the students.
Students may begin being dropped off at 7:15 in the morning.
We will have 2 drop-off locations this year to limit the amount of students coming in through one location.
- Pre-Kinder, Kinder, and 1st grade students will be dropped off in the front of the school.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students will be dropped off at the Gym
- Parents that will be dropping off more than 1 student will drop off their children at the Gym.
- A map of drop off locations will be generated and distributed before school starts.
- Students will be left with staff at their designated drop off locations. Parents will not be permitted to come in the building.
- Parents will need to drive through the pick up/drop off lanes to drop off their children.
- Students must enter the building on their own.
- Parents will not be permitted to come in the building.
- Bus riders will be seated with distance.
- Siblings will be allowed to sit together.
- Students will have assigned seats
- Masks will need to be worn by all students.
- Buses will be sanitized.
- Students cannot board a bus with a fever.
Please do not send your child to school if they are unwell. Most importantly do not send your child with a fever. Children need to be fever free for 24 hours.
Students will report directly to their classroom in the morning. Should the student want breakfast, it will be a grab-n-go style and they will take it to their classroom.
We will have 2 pick-up locations this year to limit the amount of students leaving through one location.
- Pre-Kinder, Kinder, and 1st grade students will be picked up in the front of the school.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students will be picked up at the Gym
- Parents that will be picking up more than 1 student will pick up their children at the Gym.
- A map of pick up locations will be generated and distributed before school starts.
- Parents will need to drive through the pick up lanes to drop off their children
- Parents are asked to remain in their vehicle.
- We will continue the car tag system. The teachers will provide a car tag to you.
- Parents can begin lining up in their vehicles at 2:50 pm.
Reminder: These changes are for the health and safety of the students and staff. We will one day have normalcy.
- Students will wear masks into the cafeteria.
- Students will sit with physical distance.
- Students will put their masks on once they are done eating.
- Students can bring a packed lunch.
- We will not accept outside lunches being delivered or dropped off.
- Parents and visitors will not be permitted to eat lunch on campus.
- Custodians will be on duty to clean and disinfect between lunches.
Recess and Specials
- Students will have structured recess with their homeroom class.
- We will have a rotation of designated areas.
- Specials classes will be conducted daily.
- Desks will be spaced out to allow for distancing.
- Extra furniture will be removed to allow for the appropriate spacing for students.
- Your child will be assigned a homeroom teacher for the 1st 6 weeks. Your child may change homeroom teachers as we have more or less students for in-person instruction.
- We will make our best effort to keep your child with their original homeroom teacher
- Classroom and health routines will be taught and reviewed.
School begins at 7:40 am. The tardy bell rings at 7:50 am.
- Teachers will continue to greet students with an air high five, air hug, smile, wave, etc. Students can greet each other in the same manner.
- Teachers will wear face coverings- masks and/or shields
- Please be aware that your child may be receiving instruction/support from any teacher in the grade level as it will be a collective responsibility to ensure all students receive the level of instruction/support needed.
What You Can Do..
- Parents have your child become accustomed to wearing and caring for their mask.
- Practice hand-washing.
- Talk with your child about the new school environment.
- Check your child’s temperature and overall health before sending them to school.
- Your child will need a device and internet connection for this option.
- You will be able to request a device, a hotspot, and/or both only if you do not have any device in your household.
- The online learning platforms are
- PreK-2nd grade will utilize SeeSaw
- 3rd-5th grade will utilize Google Classroom.
- Attendance is required daily which means daily engagement of students by meeting with the teacher, completing assignments, and/or watching a lesson.
- All teachers in the grade level will provide instruction. Some teachers at each grade level may be designated as remote teachers.
- Your child will be required to complete assignments and assessments as the in-person students.
- We ask that you assist your child with logging in and navigating the platform but it is essential your child complete the assignment independently.
- We are looking to check their understanding and level of mastery.
- The expectations for completion is the same as the in-person students.
- Teachers will be available during school hours for assistance and support.
What You Can Do..
- Set a schedule for your child.
- Attend teaching and support sessions with the teacher.
- Watch lessons and complete assignments daily.
- Communicate with the teacher.
Please Be Patient and Kind!
- We have your child’s best interest in mind.
- We are all experiencing a very different learning environment that will take an adjustment.
- The presented information may change as local and state guidance changes.
- Teachers will provide detailed information at their virtual meet the teacher.
- Please continue to check the District website at the following link as it is updated regularly including the various safety protocols: https://www.mvisd.com/covid
- With your partnership we will provide the best educational experience for our students.