January 4 - 8
The Shady Brook Vision and Mission Statements
Knowledge Informs and Determines Success for Students
The mission of Shady Brook Elementary is to educate all students for success today and tomorrow.
Important SBE Events to Remember:
- 1/4 Celebrate the 80th day of school by dressing in your best '80s attire
- 1/5 KAB Club Meeting
- 1/8 SBE Geography Bee
- 1/11 Sixth Grade IB Presentation
- 1/12 Homeroom Parent Mtg.
- 1/13 Student Birthday Celebration
- 1/15 End of 3rd Six Weeks
- 1/15 Noon Dismissal for students
- 1/15 Teacher Workday in the PM
- 1/18 District PD day
- 1/21 Suzuki Strings Field Trip
- 1/21 Corral Café - 4th Grade
- 1/21 PTA/Writing Family Night
- 1/22 Popcorn/Coke and Hat Day
- 1/22 Report Cards go Home
- 1/26 Fifth Grade Field Trip to Amon Carter Museum
- 1/28 Staff Birthday Lunch Celebration
- 1/28 Officer Lindsey Bullying Presentation to 6th Grade
- 1/28 1st and 2nd Grade Parent Night
- 1/29 Marylou out for CTA Exchange Day
- 1/29 Spring Picture Day/Group Pictures/TOY Picture
- 1/6 Clarence to AP Mtg.
- 1/7 Team Leader Mtg.
- 1/12 Ande to Nurses Mtg.
- 1/13 Shannon to Principals Mtg.
- 1/14 Staff Mtg.
- 1/14 Campus Improvement Committee Leadership Mtg. (not required for everyone)
- 1/18 Denise & Stephanie to off-campus Mtg.
- 1/21 Goal Team Mtg.
- 1/26 3rd Six Weeks Blockout Mtgs.
- 1/27 Shannon to Instructional Principals Mtg.
- 1/28 3rd Six Weeks Blockout Mtgs.
- 1/28 Staff Mtg.
Testing at a Glance:
- 1/12 Math CBA 2 Grade 2
- 1/12 Reading CBA 2 Grades 3 and 6
- 1/12 Science CBA 2 Grade 4
- 1/12 Science CBA 3 Grade 5
- 1/14 Social Studies CBA 1 Grade 6
- 1/19 - 2/8 Reading 3D Testing Window
- 1/20 Math CBA 3 Grades 3, 4 & 6
- 1/20 Reading CBA 2 Data Talk; Grade 3
- 1/20 Reading CBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 6
- 1/20 Math CBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 2
- 1/21 Science CBA 3 Data Talk: Grade 5
- 1/21 Science CBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 4
- 1/25 Social Studies CBA 1Data Talk: Grade 6
Kudos to. . .
- Vickie Brown, Lisa Evans and Melissa Hassell for staying with all of the students that were picked up late on 12/18.
CELEBRATE EACH OTHER! SEND YOUR KUDOS TO SHANNON SO THAT SHE CAN ADD THEM HERE. WE HAVE GREAT THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING. . .SHARE WHAT YOU ARE SEEING. If you would like for your submission to be anonymous just let me know. :)
News you need to know!
Happy New Year - “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France.
Welcome back to a new year! Thank you for believing in the vision and plan that we all have for our students at Shady Brook! It was a wonderful first half of the school year. I'm excited to see the great things that are to come!
Flyers/Newsletters being sent home - Remember, I need to review any flyers/newsletters that you are wanting to send home with students before they are sent. This allows us to better be able to support you if we get calls/questions. Thank you!