National School Counseling Week #19
February 4-8, 2019
Cedar Falls CSD School Counselors
Heidi Guse, North Cedar Elementary
Jeni Barry, Cedar Heights Elementary
Carrie Dieken, CFHS
Kelly Moeller, Orchard Hill Elementary
Chris Wood, CFHS
Emily Thilges, Southdale Elementary
Erin Gardner, CFHS
Rebecca Lins, Peet Junior High
Dave Berns, Aldrich Elementary
Susan Langan, CFHS
Thersa Kenser, Peet Junior High
Jen Alexander, Hansen Elementary
Julie Rouse, Holmes Junior High
Jennifer Jacobson, Lincoln Elementary
Angela Wittmer, Holmes Junior HIgh
Peet Junior High becomes a RAMP School!
Being a RAMP school uses a framework for a comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program that includes many components including providing services to students, parents, school staff and the community in the following areas:
- Direct Student Services
- School counseling core curriculum
- Individual student planning
- Responsive services
- Indirect Student Services
Congratulations PEET JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELING DEPARTMENT!!
Did you know that the K-12 Cedar Falls School Counselors....
- Have a comprehensive school counseling program that is driven by student data and based on standards and mindsets in academic, career and social-emotional development to promote and enhance the learning process for all?
- Work with ALL students, directly and indirectly, to help them achieve academic success and become college and career ready?
- Participate as members of the academic team and use the skills of leadership, advocacy and collaboration to promote systemic change as appropriate?
- Have more than 200 years of combined experience?
- Work closely with many stakeholders such as Blackhawk/Grundy Mental Health, Pathways, Hawkeye, UNI, ICAN and CF Police?
- Mentor UNI practicum and internship students?
- Present at local, state and national conferences?
- Work with staff, parents and community agencies to make ALL students life long learners and caring and responsible citizens?