National School Counseling Week
K-12 Cedar Falls School Counselors say Thank YOU!
Did you know that the K-12 Cedar Falls School Counselors....
- Have a comprehensive school counseling program that is driven by student data and based on standards and mindsets in academic, career and social-emotional development to promote and enhance the learning process for all?
- Work with all students, directly and indirectly, to help them achieve academic success and become college and career ready?
- Participate as members of the academic team and use the skills of leadership, advocacy and collaboration to promote systemic change as appropriate?
- Have almost 200 years of combined experience?
- Work closely with many stakeholders such as Blackhawk/Grundy Mental Health, Pathways, Hawkeye, UNI, ICAN and CF Police?
- Mentor UNI practicum and internship students?
- Present at local, state and national conferences?
- Facilitate, Student Council, Student Senate, MVP, Tiger Pals, CF Women's Leadership and others groups?
- Work with staff, parents and community agencies to make ALL students life long learners and caring and responsible citizens?
What is a CF School Counselor?
Cedar Falls Schools Counseling
The Cedar Falls Community School District K-12 School Counseling Department works in collaboration with staff, parents, and community members to provide a sequential, data-driven, standards-based comprehensive and developmental K-12 program that addresses social-emotional, academic, and career development to ensure access, equity, and success for all students in graduating citizen, college, and career ready.