2020-2021 January 22, 2021
From The Principal
January 25 - January 29
- Kindness Week
Monday, January 25
- Deadline for 8th Grade Math Credit By Exam Application
Tuesday, January 26
- Dr. Null YouTube Live 6 PM
Thursday, January 28th
- Knox Incoming 7th Grade Recorded Parent Meeting
February 1st - February 5th
- National Counselor Appreciation Week
Thursday, February 4th
- Knox Elective Recorded Meeting
Friday, February 5th
- Progress Report grades taken
- Papa John's Pizza Spirit Week
Monday, February 8th
- PTO Parent Meeting Via Zoom 1:15 PM
Thursday, February 11th
- Progress Reports Available in Parent Access (PAC)
Friday, February 12th and Monday, February 15th
- Student Holiday
Friday, February 26th
- Last Day to Purchase 2020-2021 School Yearbooks
- Deadline for clipped Box Tops
2021-2022 Approved School Calendar
The 2021-2022 calendar reflects 176 days of instruction and a minimum of 75,600 instructional minutes for students and 187 working days for teachers.
Additional highlights include:
- First Day of School: August 11, 2021
- Student Holidays:
- September 6: Labor Day
- October 8-11: Holiday
- November 22-26: Thanksgiving Break
- December 20-January 4: Winter Break
- January 17: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 21: Presidents’ Day
- March 11-18: Spring Break
- April 15-18: Holiday
- Last Day for Students: May 26, 2022
The deadline for ordering your 2020-2021 Collins Intermediate Yearbooks is February 26th! Place your order today with Jostens at:
REWARDS PROGRAMS BENEFITING COLLINS INTERMEDIATE
AmazonSmile is available in the Amazon Shopping app on your smartphone! If you make purchases through AmazonSmile designating Collins Intermediate School PTO, they will donate a portion of the sale directly to the school at no cost to you!
How to turn on AmazonSmile in the app:
Open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu (☰). Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
For info on how to join click here: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/homepage?orig=Lw==
BOX TOPS for EDUCATION
For digital BOX TOPS all you need is your phone. Download the Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then simply scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit Collins Intermediate Box Tops earnings online. It's easy! Please don't let those digital Box Tops go to waste!
You can still clip BOX TOPS and send them to school.
Physical Box Top clips are being phased out of production, but may continue to be found on many products throughout the store. Send your clipped Box Tops, along with any unexpired clips you may have at home, to Collins Intermediate. We have a receptacle in the front lobby!
THE DEADLINE FOR CLIPPED Box Tops is February 26.
Kroger Community Rewards
Kroger is a supporter of Collins Intermediate. They will donate every time you use your Kroger Loyalty Card. To participate you must link your Loyalty Card to Collins Intermediate PTO. Our code is: WD723. Once you link your card to Collins Intermediate PTO (code WD723), all you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Shopper’s Card.
Here’s how it works:
- Create a digital account. A digital account is needed to participate in Kroger Community Rewards. If you already have a digital account, simply link your Shopper’s Card to your account so that all transactions apply toward the organization you choose.
- Link your Card to an organization. Selecting the organization that you wish to support is as simple as updating the Kroger Community Rewards selection on your digital account.
- Enter the name or NPO number Collins Intermediate PTO (NPO number WD723).
- Select the appropriate organization from the list and click “Save”. Your selected organization will also display in the Kroger Community Rewards section of your account. If you need to review or revisit your organization, you can always do so under your Account details.
- Collins Intermediate earns! Any transactions moving forward using the Shopper’s Card number associated with your digital account will be applied to the program, at no added cost to you. Kroger donates annually to participating organizations based on your percentage of spending as it relates to the total spending associated with all participating Kroger Community Rewards organizations.
If you have any questions about Cobra Spirit Nights or the Community Rewards Partnerships please contact the PTO Spirit Coordinator, Sonya Dias at email@example.com or 832.729.1766.
Incoming 7th Grade Knox Knights Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- Jan 14 6th Advanced Math Parent Meeting to discuss math progress/selection 6:30 PM via Webinar
- Jan. 22 Collins 6th grade meets with Mr. Daw Virtually to discuss course selection - occurs during school day in the classrooms
- Jan 25 Deadline for Credit by Exam for Acceleration to Algebra 1 as 7th grader
- Jan 28 Incoming 7th grade Parent Info Night - Recorded format
- Feb 4 Elective information Night Recorded format
- TBA Knox Cheer Parent Meeting (Mandatory)
- TBA Knox Cheer Tryout Clinic
- TBA Knox Cheer Tryouts
- TBA Gingham Girl Parent Meeting
- TBA Gingham Girl Tryout Clinic
- TBA Gingham Girl Tryouts
- TBA Color Guard Parent Meeting
- TBA Gingham Girl Parent Meeting for those that made the team
- TBA Color Guard Clinic
- TBA Color Guard Tryouts
- May 1 Schedule Change Request Deadline
Guidance Lessons for 6th grade got a huge treat this month with our technology teacher Ms. Lahey working with our 6th grade counselor, Mrs. McCure. Ask your student about the topic of social media. Students were encouraged to come home and talk with you if they are using any social media apps that you are not aware of at this time. Also, students watched a video about setting boundaries with social media and digital devices. We talked about how to handle situations in group texts as well. Guidance lessons that were scheduled for Friday, January 22 have been moved to Monday, January 25th because 6th graders got to Zoom with Mr. Daw and the Knox counselors about course selection for 7th grade.
5th grade guidance lessons covered the topic of honesty with Ms. Aymond, our 5th grade counselor. Students were asked about what honesty means and how to be honest in situations.
KNOX COURSE REGISTRATION
Make sure to read under Mrs. LeBlanc’s Incoming 7th Grade Knox Important Dates
Kindness Week is January 25 - January 29. Students will be given a Kindness Challenge, but also we will acknowledge the week with dress up themes.
Please take a moment to send a TAE or email to our amazing counselors Ms. Aymond and Mrs. McCure
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:35 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:20 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:20 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:30 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.