Soaring into MDE
Welcome Back Newsletter
Hello MDE Community,
I am excited to be with you in my 2nd year at Mt. Diablo Elementary! I hope you all had a great summer. My family's quick summer was filled with quick day trips, watching the Olympics, swim meets and take-out dinners.
For our new families, a little about me: I am a Bay Area native and graduate of Acalanes High School. I have been in education for 16 years as a teacher and administrator and still love working in a school setting. I have two sons, both are in elementary school (1st and 3rd grade.) My husband works for Live Nation Events, so it is not odd to see us at many local concerts and events around the Bay. We also LOVE going to, watching, and playing sports! The Oakland Athletics, San Jose Sharks and Golden State Warriors are our favorites. With football, we are a house divided.
At Mt. Diablo Elementary School, I am beyond excited to have students back on campus 100% of the day! #fallforall I am confident that our students will SOAR this year both academically and social/emotionally. As most of you know, we have a fabulous staff that is so ready to have students back on campus too! A school is just not a school without students!
Please feel free to contact me anytime throughout the school year. I look forward to meeting, seeing and working with all of you.
Prep Day will be Tuesday, August 10. 9am-11am OR 4pm-6pm. There is no need to come to both time slots. Please come during the time that is most coinvent for you.
Student Photos will be taken during these times. PFC, Spirit Wear, and Teacher assignments will be distributed during this day.
Your Parent Portal information MUST be updated.
MUST BE DONE prior to Walk-Through
ALL students need to do the below Aeries Parent Portal update, to receive their teacher information.
If you do not have your HomeLink/Parent Portal verification ID for signing up, please contact Katie Sanchez directly for sign-up information. mailto:email@example.com
Once again we will be using the Aeries Parent Portal to update student information online. All parents should go HERE and complete the steps below ASAP. It must be done prior to the first day of school.
Even if your information has not changed you must do this.
- Login with your email address. If you’ve forgotten your password (or never received it) simply click the “Forgot Password?” link on the login screen and it will be sent to your email. Nobody at the District or at MDE would know your password so we would not be able to help with this.
- Please note: If your email address has changed or is incorrect, please call our office clerk, Marianne Krummen 925-672-4840.
- After logging in, you will see a message stating “You have not yet completed the Student Data Confirmation Process, Click Here to confirm…” Click the link.
- Verify the registration information on each of the tabs. Please note: You must click on each tab (Family Information, Student, Contacts, Medical Information, etc.) and confirm or correct all the data before you can complete the process.
- Click “Submit Final Confirmation” on the “Final Data Confirmation” tab.
If you have more than one student enrolled in the district, it will be necessary to complete this process for all other students by going to the “Change Student” option on the top left and clicking the link for the next student. Repeat the steps above for each student.
Thank you again for completing this important information.
This is NOT how the school will be communicating with you. Please continue to subscribe to Parent Square for information from the school. (Konstella is a private and secure service that keeps you informed and connected with other parents at school.)