Lincoln Weekly Bulletin
August 30, 2018
Dates to Remember
- Friday, August 31 Teacher’s Institute Day – NO CLASS FOR STUDENTS
- Monday, September 3 Labor Day – NO SCHOOL
- September 4-14 Performance Series Assessment Window, letter attached below.
- Thursday, September 6 PTO meeting in LRC 4:30 PM
- Monday, September 10 Board of Education Meeting 7:00 PM at Ferson Creek Elementary Tuesday, September 18 AT Math Curriculum Night 5:00 PM in Room 101
- Friday, September 28 Kick-a-Thon St. Charles North High School
- Thursday, October 4 Color Portraits retakes & group/classroom photos
- PTO meeting in LRC 4:30 PM
- Friday, October 5 NO CLASS FOR STUDENTS School Improvement Day
- Monday, October 8 Columbus Day Holiday – NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, October 10 Run-A-Thon Coming Fall of 2018 Father/Son Game Night
Letter from Principal
Thank you to all of the parents who were able to attend our Curriculum Nights on Monday and Tuesday. It was wonderful to see so many parents! If you were unable to attend, please feel free to contact your child’s classroom teacher or myself if you have any questions.
At our curriculum nights, I shared information about myself, along with an emphasis on building community and a sense of belonging coupled with building a strong partnership with parents and home.
Our PTO shared information and a brief video about ways the PTO supports Lincoln students. This is a wonderful way to get involved and bring new creative opportunities to our kids, please see information below regarding our upcoming meeting.
One of our first PTO sponsored activities is our yearlong Lincoln Elementary Scavenger Hunt organized by Mr. Navis using the app GooseChase, if you have questions please reach out to Mr. Navis.
September PTO Meeting
Join us for at the September PTO Meeting on Thursday, September 6, 2018. We will be meeting at Lincoln School in the LRC from 4:30pm - 5:45pm all parents are encouraged to join. We hope to see you there!
From the Secretary
- Your child’s safety is our primary concern. The standard procedure is that a note is to be sent with your child on the morning of any change in that day’s dismissal. The office can only accept any dismissal changes prior to 2:30 pm.
- Reminder: student drop-off via car is on the north side of the building (Illinois Ave.) unless it is past 8:40 am. Late students can only enter through the front of the building.
- There is a table in our front door vestibule for any drop-offs.
- Security: All licenses need to be scanned into our new system. Please have your license with you the next time you enter our school so that we can put it into our database.
- All money sent to school must be put into an envelope, and clearly marked with your student’s name, classroom, and purpose (i.e. Emily Smith, 2K, lunch money).
- Aramark Lunch Menus will be on the Lincoln School website. There are also some copies of the menu in the magazine rack in the main lobby.
- If you plan on volunteering in the school (i.e. classroom parties, AVIC, etc.) you must complete a Volunteer Information and Waiver of Liability form. Copies are available on the district’s website under Registration.
From the Band Teacher
For the first lesson, students should bring
- a pencil
- a binder
- Accent on Achievement (if they already have a copy)
- instrument (if they got one at camp or have one from home) If you ordered an instrument, book, and other accessories from Quinlan & Fabish, your student will receive those items on September 10th.
If you have any questions about the band program please look at the band website and/or contact Ms. Rice Marianne.Rice@d303.org Looking forward to a wonderful year of musical learning! Marianne Rice